Norwegian gem-Port Canaveral

Good evening, we are at Port Canaveral from 1300-2100 in July and I am at a loss as to how best to spend our time. The 1300 arrival time is awkward and I doubt we'll have enough time to see the Kennedy Space Centre or any Disney park properly. Any advice gratefully received. Donna

We have done Kennedy Space in July There was plenty of time to see most of it. You get back to the ship around 730. People that have done Disney from the ship had said that the lines there were so long they could only get in a few rides. We were thinking of doing it this July when we are in port. But now that it is only a transfer to the park with no ticket has made us change our minds. We were also what to do if the park stops letting guests in because of volume. Last year magic kingdom stopped letting people in for a few hours. If you want a nice pool day most of the people in board get off and you have the pool to yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is a shame NCL moved arrival for ships into PC so late a few years ago.

KSC is a great spot to go. IMO this would be one of the few times I'd suggest doing the NCL excursion. Normal closing time is 5:00 p.m. from what I recall but with the NCL excursion you get to stay late and see one of the IMAX movies.

Cabs there won't be a problem but I don't recall seeing a ton of taxis waiting at KSC.

My sister and my son went to Magic Kingdom and only had 3 hours in the park, his only goal was to go to the Country Bear Jamboree and to meet the Bear Characters. He is on the Autism Spectrum and animatronics is his focus so he was thrilled to be able to see the show 5 times and then meet a few of the Bears. It cost $60 for the transfers and $138 for the Ticket to MK, so a very high cost for 3 hours but he was happy and that is all that mattered.

Myself, Husband and son took the bus to Coco Beach and were not really impressed, not much to do but go through a few shops and the beach was just ok. I wished we had just stayed on the ship and enjoyed the pool. Neither boy are in to the KSC.

Good evening, we are at Port Canaveral from 1300-2100 in July and I am at a loss as to how best to spend our time. The 1300 arrival time is awkward and I doubt we'll have enough time to see the Kennedy Space Centre or any Disney park properly. Any advice gratefully received. Donna

Last time I was on the Gem they offered an excursion for $35.00 PP to Disney Springs https://www.disneysprings.com/?CMP=KNC-FY18_WDPR_WDW_ACT_DOM_SPRINGS_Evergreen%7CBR%7CG%7C4181040.DD.AM.01.03%7CNA_NA_NA_NA&keyword_id=kwd-719770443%7Cdc%7Cdisney%20springs%7C253610077564%7Ce%7C5064%3A3%7C&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIopSSnrW62wIVwR-GCh2c8g9YEAAYASAAEgLPQfD_BwE&s_kwcid=AL%215064%213%21253610077564%21e%21%21g%21%21disney%20springs&ef_id=Wgmy8wAAAgE8SQkV%3A20180604162138%3As&dclid=CMuNlKC1utsCFeS7swodkQkJmw Plenty of time to eat, shop, and get your Disney fix

We did that cruise a few years ago and arrived in Port Canaveral at 1:00pm. We rented a car (the car rental place was a quick shuttle ride across the street) and drove ourselves to KSC. We got there at 2pm and stayed until 6ish... then we drove back, called a cab, and hopped back on the ship with plenty of time to spare. It was a great day!

Thank you all for your input. Think we will either book KSC via NCL, or go to Disney Springs or the Daytona tour, will let hubby decide. I rarely book via the cruise line, could we do Daytona or Disney Springs self guided (e.g. taxi?) Think they are about an hour away. I used to work for Disney so this could be nostalgic!! The ports aren't great on this sailing actually. (PC, New Stirrup Cay and Nassau-we've already been to Nassau once.) Donna

Thank you all for your input. Think we will either book KSC via NCL, or go to Disney Springs or the Daytona tour, will let hubby decide. I rarely book via the cruise line, could we do Daytona or Disney Springs self guided (e.g. taxi?) Think they are about an hour away. I used to work for Disney so this could be nostalgic!! The ports aren't great on this sailing actually. (PC, New Stirrup Cay and Nassau-we've already been to Nassau once.) Donna

It would be quite an expensive taxi ride. You could rent a car and drive there cheaper. I would go with the $35.00 PP round trip shuttle. You get 4.5 hours at Disney Springs. Plenty of time to shop and get a hot fudge sundae at Ghirardelli's

Just off the Gem and a 2nd visit to KSC. It's doable, enjoyable and one that requires a bit of energy to make happen. We were 4 and a baby so I rented a car from Hertz (approx $80) and we were at the KSC at 2 PM. Depending on your group size Uber will get you there and back for roughly the same cost. $50 entrance fee (ugh) but we were able to enjoy the bus ride which includes the Apollo launch room experience. I think they cut the stops since we visited last and it seemed we spent more time in the bus. You could easily stay in the main area and get through all of the exhibits and get to some of the added price attractions as the park was open until 6.

Disney/Universal trip just does not seem to make sense as anyone who has been there knows you need the whole day at a minimum.

It (Orlando) is about an hour away and would be expensive taxi ride as mentioned.

If you do the NCL KSC, check if it is structured or if you are on your own. I had read structured. If not, let us know and will provide more info.

• 1 month later...