Norwegian Escape question

Lau92080

Hi all!,

I’m sailing in July on the Escape. This will be my 10th cruise and it’s the first time I tried a “sail away” cabin. They assigned us a room on deck 8. Has anyone stayed in those cabins? I have 2 small children and see that it’s a busy deck with restaurants and bars which bother me, as opposed to being on a designated deck of just cabins.

I did try to change the cabin they said I couldn’t but could upgrade to deck 9 for $1600!!! Not happening...

just wanted to know if anyone had any experience staying on this deck.

Thanks! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Deck 8 is a great location. You are close to everything.

Whilst you are close to things it is very quiet there, although maybe the first cabin or two next to the Brew House could get some noise from there. Otherwise it is a great location, in my opinion.

If I book any Breakaway or Breakaway Plus ships then deck 8 is my preferred location. The main reason is that this is where the M6 mini suites are (I assume you haven’t been allocated one of those, but if so you have really hit the jackpot), but the general location is also a real benefit. Its always very quiet there,

We were on deck 8 in a balcony in April. It was spring break and ship was filled to capacity. I don’t remember the room number but it was down a hall past the Brew house. There was a door to our hallway that was kept closed. I never heard a sound all week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is easy walk to everything on that floor and you should not hear any sounds. Are you inside or an ocean view cabin with the sail away?

Sometimes sail away have their own good prices without any promotions. It is just that you would not know which deck/cabin.

It is easy walk to everything on that floor and you should not hear any sounds. Are you inside or an ocean view cabin with the sail away?

Sometimes sail away have their own good prices without any promotions. It is just that you would not know which deck/cabin.

I have a balcony mini suite MX category accommodates 4

Deck 8 is a great location. You are close to everything.

Whilst you are close to things it is very quiet there, although maybe the first cabin or two next to the Brew House could get some noise from there. Otherwise it is a great location, in my opinion.

If I book any Breakaway or Breakaway Plus ships then deck 8 is my preferred location. The main reason is that this is where the M6 mini suites are (I assume you haven’t been allocated one of those, but if so you have really hit the jackpot), but the general location is also a real benefit. Its always very quiet there,

No my mini suite balcony is an MX [emoji52]

The Brew House was my concern as it will probably be open late and draw a rowdy crowd. But my cabin is further down the hall so I think it will be ok and if there is a door to the entire hallway that is also a benefit. I do like being near the shops!

My parents are sailing with us and were assigned deck 12 they offered to switch cabins with us if we have any problems, don’t know if that’s an option though.

If you look at the deck plans it shows the MXs just forward of the M6s and I believe they also have larger than normal balconies. Perhaps someone who has stayed in one can verify that for us.

It sounds like you got a great cabin with a large balcony. It is also in a great area. Enjoy:cool:

Deck 8 is very secluded. Although you will have to pass by the District Brewhouse to get to your stateroom, the staterooms are separated by a hinged fire screen door, so it blocks out sound pretty well. A plus is that you pass by the "back door" of the Brewhouse, and not the main entrance. Not too many people go out thru the "back door" as it is tucked away in the corner of the Brewhouse.

It's close to Deck 5 where the Splash Academy is, as well as the Waterfront and restaurants/lounges. but a long way from the pool deck and the Garden Cafe.

Deck 8 right above lifeboats. You’ll have semi-blocked view of dock, if your side is docked in Bermuda. At sea, no issues. Just got off her on Sunday.

There are no lifeboats anywhere near the deck 8 cabins.

All the cabins are forward of the brew house/food republic. Lifeboats are along the waterfront (aft of those venues).

I assume you are thinking of higher decks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no lifeboats anywhere near the deck 8 cabins.

All the cabins are forward of the brew house/food republic. Lifeboats are along the waterfront (aft of those venues).

I assume you are thinking of higher decks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Exactly. TY.