Recommendation for taxi to airport from Amsterdam cruise port?

We will be returning to the Amsterdam cruise termnal from a cruise on a Sunday morning and need to get to the airport for a 10:55am flight to the US. My plan is to walk off with luggage and HOPE to be off by 7:30am. What are my best choices for a taxi that are also reasonably priced? Obviously with such an early flight, my top priority is getting to the airport on time, but I'd also like to pay a reasonable amount.

I know I can just get a taxi that will be waiting but I read a post from someone recently who said they had been ripped off and got charged 65 euros which they acknowledged was excessive (apparently it should have been 50). I guess I can ask the driver in advance for the price and hopefully that would avoid being ripped off, although if it's on the meter that may not work.

My preferred option is to use a company called Staxi (staxi.nl) who I used last year (and will be using to get from the airport and to the cruise) and is reasonably priced, 35 euros to the airport. I can reserve that in advance but I don't want to have to pay a waiting fee if I get out late, but also don't want to reserve it for 8 and then wait for them (although I might be able to move it up if I got out early). I know there are other options for pre-arranged pickups at the cruise terminal, I saw them waiting for people the last time.

So, are there any providers that are reliable and less expensive than a normal taxi? Presumably I could do Uber as well, not sure what the price for that would be. Since it's a Sunday morning, traffic will be minimal.

Thanks.

Due to the fact you donot know the exact time of disembarkation indeed Uber might be your best chance. Cabs from the cruiseterminal often overcharge unfortunately since they know passengers are often in a hurry and there is more demand then supply. You can also check this website of ATC. On their website they give a rate of E. 37.50 to Schiphol, however this is depending traffic. . : https://www.tcataxi.nl/en/home.html

Due to the fact you donot know the exact time of disembarkation indeed Uber might be your best chance. Cabs from the cruiseterminal often overcharge unfortunately since they know passengers are often in a hurry and there is more demand then supply. You can also check this website of ATC. On their website they give a rate of E. 37.50 to Schiphol, however this is depending traffic. . : https://www.tcataxi.nl/en/home.html

Thanks for the info on TCA. When I was waiting for my Staxi last year I saw a LOT of TCA cars. I suppose my other option is trying to get an Uber when I get near to the exit and if I can't get one quickly for a reasonable price, just go with a normal taxi, or maybe try TCA as the 2nd option and then a normal taxi.

What should the normal Uber fare to the airport from the cruise terminal be?

Thanks for the info on TCA. When I was waiting for my Staxi last year I saw a LOT of TCA cars. I suppose my other option is trying to get an Uber when I get near to the exit and if I can't get one quickly for a reasonable price, just go with a normal taxi, or maybe try TCA as the 2nd option and then a normal taxi.

What should the normal Uber fare to the airport from the cruise terminal be?

I havenot used Uber to the airport myself, but in general it will be cheaper then a regular cab. However if Ubercabs are busy or if not many are on the road they will charge more. You will find the information on the app when you try to bok them that morning.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm facing a similar situation as the OP. Our ship, the HAL Prinsendam, is scheduled to arrive at 7AM. I'm planning to reserve a car with 'Schiphol Travel Taxi' but I'm wonding what time I should say I'd like to be picked up. We too will carry our own luggage off the ship so I'm wondierng if the ship will be cleared to begin disembarking around 7:30.

Any thoughts or recommendations? Thank you.

Paul

We just cruised the Baltic recently, with a return flight at similar time as you. We carried our luggage off and it was one of the easiest debarkation ever. We were off very early..7;00 maybe 7:30. Cabs are right there when you exit the port. We jumped in one and made it to the airport within 20 to 30 minutes. No traffic on a weekend morning. no problemo

I suggest not worrying about the extra 10 bucks. This was easy peasy. After a 12 night cruise, and spending all kinds of cash left and right, saving 10 or 20 bucks was not worth the headache of trying to deal with complications.