UDP Bliss and Money

dramatech

So I can't find online any specifics as it relates to the Brewhouse on the Bliss and the UDP. Does anyone know for sure if it is covered under the UDP and are there any drink limits if it is? If not about what is the cost of say having 4 or 5 beers? Second question which I want to ask people here for personal experiences. We are getting some good funds our way and wonder if I can use a credit card and put money on the books in cash? If so, which do they use first when your on the ship?

Thanks a bunch :D.

Brewhouse is the same as any other bar. The drinks are covered under the UBP as long as they are under $15. You'll be limited to two drinks at a time but no limit in total, unless you are very drunk.

I'm not sure I've understood the second part of your question correctly so please forgive me if this info is rubbish. Your credit card is rooted to your keycard/room key, every transaction aboard is charged to your stateroom using the keycard. If you have any on board credit appearing on your account then that is usually used first.

Brewhouse is the same as any other bar. The drinks are covered under the UBP as long as they are under $15. You'll be limited to two drinks at a time but no limit in total, unless you are very drunk.

I'm not sure I've understood the second part of your question correctly so please forgive me if this info is rubbish. Your credit card is rooted to your keycard/room key, every transaction aboard is charged to your stateroom using the keycard. If you have any on board credit appearing on your account then that is usually used first.

This information from BaWBarmy is spot-on!

I'm adding some clarification of OBC (On Board Credit) because two types do exist!

Refundable OBC is sometimes given by TAs, or is purchased by someone as a "gift."

(You can purchase your own Refundable OBC pre-cruise.)

NON-Refundable credits are funds given by NCL (or TAs) with their perks.

These funds will be applied to account before Refundable OBC.

*** However, only REFUNDABLE OBC will used on account IF you have not pre-paid your Daily Service Charges.

A Credit Card or CASH deposit will be required upon Check-In, at time of embarkation, which as stated above, is used as your form of payment onboard via your room keycard.

(It is possible to have enough OBC on your account to have a zero balance at the end of your cruise)

As a final note, be sure you have an NCL "Amenities Invoice" and carefully check the type of OBC you have on your account. (NCL's invoices often show the "NON" on the line above "REFUNDABLE")

Everything you purchase on board will appear on your account backed by your credit card. You can put cash against your account either at the Credit Desk or the Guest Service Desk. I am always putting cash on my account.

Nothing will be charged until the end of your cruise. During your cruise, if you make some payments in cash, you will knock down whatever total you owe. Or you can pay it in full with cash on your final morning before disembarking. (but the lines can be long. I'd suggest just doing it during the cruise, and letting any minor unpaid things ride it out on the credit card on file.)

Nothing will be charged until the end of your cruise. During your cruise, if you make some payments in cash, you will knock down whatever total you owe. Or you can pay it in full with cash on your final morning before disembarking. (but the lines can be long. I'd suggest just doing it during the cruise, and letting any minor unpaid things ride it out on the credit card on file.)

I recall Carnival had several kiosks near the atrium shops where you could check your balance and make cash payments. Does NCL do anything similar? I didn't think to look last time.

I recall Carnival had several kiosks near the atrium shops where you could check your balance and make cash payments. Does NCL do anything similar? I didn't think to look last time.

You can check balance daily on your device free of charge...I have never seen a kiosk around the ship to make payments (I'm sure they offer a payment area in the guest services area, I just have never needed it)...I just give a CC at the start of the cruise and let it ride.

You can check balance daily on your device free of charge...I have never seen a kiosk around the ship to make payments (I'm sure they offer a payment area in the guest services area, I just have never needed it)...I just give a CC at the start of the cruise and let it ride.

I pay with a card as well, although I do check it to see what my wife is up to. I simply thought the kiosks were useful as they would take cash or card payments and thus keep down the line at guest services. Also, the kiosks are available 24/7, so someone could make a late night payment if they wanted.

This is why I love this forum. That answered my question perfectly. This has changed my game plan a bit. Thank you all :D. Oh if you wondering what the game plan is. Put the card on there but in case we go nuts have some cash on the books or handy to make sure we don't go over on the card. I just don't like using my debit card cause I've had so many issues with it in the past. My credit card has never done me wrong :D. Plus no international fees :D.

Try to increase the limit on your card if you're worried about going over. Save the cash for the ports. Never use your debit card.

There are no kiosks on NCL. I think you can add cash to your account at Guest Services but it's a bind, queuing etc.

It is possible to have a zero balance or at least a small one. We came off the Jade last year with a balance around £14. You'd need to really go nuts to have a big balance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think it may be completely a la carte. Not part of dining plan. Couldn’t find it in my reservation. Before you board you’ll need to give a credit card or debit card to secure your on board spending.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums