Caviar at QM2 Perrier-Jouet Champagne Bar

cruiserking

Can you still purchase caviar at the Champagne bar on QM2?

I remember we did years ago when it was Veuve Cliquot.

Jonathan

you can still on the QV, though they have made it more difficult than it was in the past. Now you have to give them 24 hours notice and the price had changed from $75 which included a glass of champagne to $35 plus alcohol seperately.

Its a shame they made it more difficult to order, I always considered it to be a bit of a shipboard tradition.

you can still on the QV, though they have made it more difficult than it was in the past. Now you have to give them 24 hours notice and the price had changed from $75 which included a glass of champagne to $35 plus alcohol seperately.

Its a shame they made it more difficult to order, I always considered it to be a bit of a shipboard tradition.

Thank you Roscoe. Last year I ordered the 50 gr. caviar for embarkation but, it was such a paltry amount, just a few miniscule dollops on some tiny crackers.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Thank you Roscoe. Last year I ordered the 50 gr. caviar for embarkation but, it was such a paltry amount, just a few miniscule dollops on some tiny crackers.

Jonathan

i know!...last time we ordered it they served it with a metal spoon!

Jonathan

And it wasn’t even proper caviar.

DAVID.

I suppose Cunard is only serving caviar in Queens Grills and on ocassion in Princess Grill if you're cordial to the waiters which we always are.

Jonathan

not sure the conviviality or being cordial has a lot to do with it...

apart from the occasional appearance at the world cocktail parties and purchasing it in the Champagne bar, it has only been available in the Princess Rest. at a cost and Queens for free for a number of years. Sadly the days of us face masking and bathing in it are gone forever.

and last time I checked it was beluga..:evilsmile:

apart from the occasional appearance at the world cocktail parties and purchasing it in the Champagne bar, it has only been available in the Princess Rest. at a cost and Queens for free for a number of years. Sadly the days of us face masking and bathing in it are gone forever.

Oh, I didn't realize you could purchase caviar in the Princess Grill, will have to look into that. First time in the Grills very excited.

Thanks again, Roscoe.

Will be curious to see if the service in the PG exceeds Caronia Class on QE2 which I thought was superb.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

I was just remembering when we were upgraded to Queens Grill for a QE2 Panama Canal transit in the mid-90s. The couple at the table next to us had caviar at lunch and dinner every day for the ten day voyage.

...personally not a fan of the stuff, but I would love to live in a world where I'd get a palate cleanser of a little sorbet ball in a tall, chilled, silver flute at each dinner.

It's been White Sturgeon on our last couple of cruises and it's still freely available in QG.

Oh, I didn't realize you could purchase caviar in the Princess Grill, will have to look into that. First time in the Grills very excited.

Thanks again, Roscoe.

Will be curious to see if the service in the PG exceeds Caronia Class on QE2 which I thought was superb.

Jonathan

hope you have a great trip, Ive only done Princess on Victoria and it was very enjoyable,

it was pretty equal to Caronia in my opinion. A lot depends on the interaction with the staff and unfortunately Patu has left the QM now, he was pretty amazing.

hope you have a great trip, Ive only done Princess on Victoria and it was very enjoyable,

it was pretty equal to Caronia in my opinion. A lot depends on the interaction with the staff and unfortunately Patu has left the QM now, he was pretty amazing.

Thank you Roscoe. If Princess Grill is on par with Caronia class on QE2 we'll be very happy. As I recall the service was first rate and the caviar was available as an appetizer too. Good old days of Cunard cruising.

Jonathan

Thank you Roscoe. If Princess Grill is on par with Caronia class on QE2 we'll be very happy. As I recall the service was first rate and the caviar was available as an appetizer too. Good old days of Cunard cruising.

Jonathan

aaahhh sigh...yes the old QE2 days, I remember a story of a lady on the world cruise demanding her unused allocation of caviar at the end of her trip to take away with her, (another shipboard myth I'm sure a.k.a lady with the stolen cocktail dress/laundry/ballroom and the bar of chocolate yada yada)..

but I do remember the old days when freewheeling vats of the stuff were being spread around liberally and being able to serve ourselves as opposed to now when an accompanied armed guard stands with his finger of the trigger of his weapon as a server nervously delivers a measured scoop onto a tiny piklet before passing it cautiously into our outstretched and begging paws....

aaaahhhhhh sigh....if only we knew how good we had it.....

aaahhh sigh...yes the old QE2 days,

but I do remember the old days when freewheeling vats of the stuff were being spread around liberally and being able to serve ourselves as opposed to now when an accompanied armed guard stands with his finger of the trigger of his weapon as a server nervously delivers a measured scoop onto a tiny piklet before passing it cautiously into our outstretched and begging paws....

aaaahhhhhh sigh....if only we knew how good we had it.....

Yes, it is a bit unsettling these days trying to procure a skimpy serving of caviar. But, from what I've read the newer guns are painted in the Cunard livery and actually shoot salmon mousse.

Fortunately, I also possess a sweet tooth and there is usually plenty of Jam Roly Poly and Sticky Toffee Pudding to go around.

Jonathan