Thoughts on Balcony Room on Adventure

We booked a cruise a couple weeks ago for an 8 night cruise on Adventure in December. We are in a promenade room on deck 8. We stayed in a promenade room on Liberty and liked it a lot. When we booked, the balcony rooms were higher priced then they are now and a guarantee room.

We are considering upgrading to a balcony room if Royal will match the sale that started today. With the new sale it is only $300 more (before insurance) then our promenade room and comes with $175 OBC.

However it is a Guarantee balcony, which I am not too crazy about since prefer picking my own room. But at the same time, it seems like a good deal. I am also a platinum member, so I am guessing I will get a small, additional discount for the balcony. (Website would not allow my C&A number when trying to price out the new room to tell)

I have only stayed had balcony once before in a JS for our honeymoon and it was wonderful. At the same time, don't mind a smaller room because I am happy just being on a ship.

I am curious on what your thoughts are on Adventures balcony rooms. It didn't look like there were any obstructions since the lifeboats look to be lower on the ship. Would you upgrade for just an extra $300 with $175 obc?

... I am also a platinum member, so I am guessing I will get a small, additional discount for the balcony. (Website would not allow my C&A number when trying to price out the new room to tell) ...

I believe the new fake sale has a $200 instant discount, which may not be combinable with a balcony discount. In other words, your balcony discount may not be usable with this fake sale.

With regard to the larger question about a guarantee, I cannot think of a bad balcony on Adventure. You may get a connecting stateroom, but they normally allow you to change to any other available stateroom in the same exact category as you have been assigned.

We booked a cruise a couple weeks ago for an 8 night cruise on Adventure in December. We are in a promenade room on deck 8. We stayed in a promenade room on Liberty and liked it a lot. When we booked, the balcony rooms were higher priced then they are now and a guarantee room.

We are considering upgrading to a balcony room if Royal will match the sale that started today. With the new sale it is only $300 more (before insurance) then our promenade room and comes with $175 OBC.

However it is a Guarantee balcony, which I am not too crazy about since prefer picking my own room. But at the same time, it seems like a good deal. I am also a platinum member, so I am guessing I will get a small, additional discount for the balcony. (Website would not allow my C&A number when trying to price out the new room to tell)

I have only stayed had balcony once before in a JS for our honeymoon and it was wonderful. At the same time, don't mind a smaller room because I am happy just being on a ship.

I am curious on what your thoughts are on Adventures balcony rooms. It didn't look like there were any obstructions since the lifeboats look to be lower on the ship. Would you upgrade for just an extra $300 with $175 obc?

Yes....I would upgrade for $125 net difference. $16 a day.

There is not a bad balcony on Adventure as Bob said. If they assign your balcony earlier....just go to the website and pick a cabin from those available in your category then call Royal to do the switch.

Good catch!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thank you both! Your help made me call. I called the C&A line ready to upgrade.

However, since I am already booked, the rep told me they are unable to honor the new "sale" or honor the additional obc (I wasn't asking them to honor both my current $50obc and sale obc either, just the new deal).

So it would be an additional $470 to upgrade with no other changes besides the new room. Which is around what I originally priced out for the balcony when we booked a couple weeks ago.

I didn't ask to speak with a manager or anything and I was polite with the rep. I was just really surprised they wouldn't honor the sale. I'm disappointed too, but almost $500 more without any "perks" isn't worth it too me.

Thank you both! Your help made me call. I called the C&A line ready to upgrade.

However, since I am already booked, the rep told me they are unable to honor the new "sale" or honor the additional obc (I wasn't asking them to honor both my current $50obc and sale obc either, just the new deal).

So it would be an additional $470 to upgrade with no other changes besides the new room. Which is around what I originally priced out for the balcony when we booked a couple weeks ago.

I didn't ask to speak with a manager or anything and I was polite with the rep. I was just really surprised they wouldn't honor the sale. I'm disappointed too, but almost $500 more without any "perks" isn't worth it too me.

Did you book nonrefundable or refundable?

If refundable just cancel and book under the new promo....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I've sailed on a midship Balcony on Adventure and in a Promenade View on Explorer before. I have to say the one real difference between the two rooms comes down to how much you will appreciate having a private outdoor/ocean view space. For me, it's usually worth a couple hundred more dollars to have that little mostly private space, but the experience of a PV is still really unique and I enjoyed the extra seating area in the bay window.