Trying to log into my X account

4774Papa

I guess you have missed the dozens of posts about this from equally frustrated users.

If you will take a look you will see all kinds of tips and advice. I will start with this. Try logging in with your email rather than your user name.

you need to use your email to login, not the nick. They changed few days ago

Correct. That's how I fixed mine. it worked flawlessly at the beginning and then I got the "try again later". Finally figured it out.

What is going on with X's website? I tried to log into my account and it won't accept my password.

I had the same problem yesterday...and tried to reset my password as they suggested and it still wouldn't accept it. Up until yesterday I had no trouble signing in or navigating the web site. Like you, I've read many of the posts with information on how to do this but until yesterday had no problem.

And I tried using both username and e-mail neither one would let me sign and the message I got was that my account was deactivated!!

Just tried now and all I get is a blank black page. Interestingly, when I go to my RC account I can sign in without difficulty.

I tried to reset my passwords on both RCI and Celebrity websites. Didn't work. I called Celebrity and they gave me another password, it didn't work. RCI is to give me a call, and they acknowledged that the cruise lines are merging the websites. I guess that I will just wait a week or two and see if things have changed. If I need to do anything like pay for a cruise or book something, I can just call and do it that way.

Good idea.....and if enough people call with the same problem that should light a fire!! Been a long time since I've "talked" to you...are you still doing river cruises?

Our last one was the Douro River in 2015. We lived in Germany for four years and won't do any cruises on the Rhine or upper Danube. Probably the only one we might do in the future is the lower Danube from Budapest to Romania.

We will likely do an African Safari in 2020. We have been to so many places in the World, that what is left on our bucket list is comparatively short.

We are doing Machu Picchu prior to a repo cruise from Chile to San Diego in March 2019, Then an Arctic Circle cruise up the coast of Norway in June 2019.

After that, we will most likely do the Safari to Kenya/Tanzania and then trips to places in Europe with a returning TransAtlantic to the USA. Want to do Italy one more time with a week in Rome and Umbria.

Also, want to go back to Britain once more, then perhaps a trip to Bordeaux, France and the Basque region of France and Spain.

On second thought we may do a Bordeaux River cruise. Grand Circle has one for that region, not Vantage.

What do you have planned?

Our last one was the Douro River in 2015. We lived in Germany for four years and won't do any cruises on the Rhine or upper Danube. Probably the only one we might do in the future is the lower Danube from Budapest to Romania.

We did Budapest to Black Sea and it was marvelous....a real eye opener with exquisite scenery. You'll love it.

We will likely do an African Safari in 2020. We have been to so many places in the World, that what is left on our bucket list is comparatively short.

This is the one on my bucket list that I probably won't be able to do since the accident. I think it would be a good thing on safari to be able to make the lion run at least 3 feet to catch his dinner!

We are doing Machu Picchuto prior to a repo cruise from Chile to San Diego in March 2019, Then an Arctic Circle cruise up the coast of Norway in June 2019.

Out of all the places we've been, and like you we're running out of places to go, Norway is by far and away the most beautiful.

After that, we will most likely do the Safari to Kenya/Tanzania and then trips to places in Europe with a returning TransAtlantic to the USA. Want to do Italy one more time with a week in Rome and Umbria.

Planning a TA for next year just can't decide which one I want to do! DH is Italian so we've been to visit family and love Italy. One more time isn't enough!!

Also, want to go back to Britain once more, then perhaps a trip to Bordeaux, France and the Basque region of France and Spain.

On second thought we may do a Bordeaux River cruise. Grand Circle has one for that region, not Vantage.

Basque region was delightful and the food is to die for! Be sure to take the tram up the Rune....and have a glass of wine or 3 in Bordeaux!

What do you have planned?

We're doing British Isles with the Edinburgh tattoo in August. Like you in Germany, we lived in England so we've pretty much done all of the UK except for Scotland and Ireland!! This one should be interesting not only for the tattoo but we're also porting in Guernsey, which as you know I'm sure, was occupied by the Germans during WW2 and the underground "city" including hospital that Germans built is now a museum. DH cannot wait for that. So underground bunkers for him and bagpipes for me!! :D

We're doing a family reunion next July on Anthem of the Seas....we've never been on one of the mega ships but with 3 generations I think Anthem is a good idea....something for everybody. It's sailing from Bayonne, which is convenient and going to Bermuda, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten and Labadee for 9 days. Should be fun....and we're now doing Caribbean every March for 2 weeks....it's cheaper than Florida!!

I want to do Antarctica so badly I can taste it, but DH is giving me a hard time over that one. I may have to ditch him and find someone else to go with me.

Say Hi to the river cruise crowd for me!

Edited by Hydrokitty

Correct. That's how I fixed mine. it worked flawlessly at the beginning and then I got the "try again later". Finally figured it out.

Had this same password log in problem too. Using email or username, still did not work. I reset using my email, and was able to log in, but... now I am attached to my husbands account. He reset his password to his email and he is now signed in as me.

We are in a standoff on who is going to try to call Celebrity to fix this. Wish they would have switched my account with a Zenith!

Spent over an hour on phone with X tech....very helpful and very frustrating since I could not log in and got nothing but black screen with white boxes on it! Anyway....they finally discovered that the problem they're having (and there IS a problem with the web site) appears to be with Chrome. They're working on it, and suggested I try Edge, which worked. I was able to sign in using my e-mail and the password X provided, Welcome1. This enabled me to change my password to what I chose and voila....everything is there where I left it. They don't know how long Chrome will be a problem but at least using a different browser may solve some of your problems. She also asked if I had Internet Explorer so that one is working too. Good luck....hope this helps.

Had this same password log in problem too. Using email or username, still did not work. I reset using my email, and was able to log in, but... now I am attached to my husbands account. He reset his password to his email and he is now signed in as me.

We are in a standoff on who is going to try to call Celebrity to fix this. Wish they would have switched my account with a Zenith!

Exact same happened to us. You don't need Celebrity call in. Log in to the account you can get into and go to personal information page. Edit that to you with your name, birthdate, celebrity captains club number and save. It will then tag you. Just make sure you have the right email. That's your starting point. Accounts are tagged to email. So you edit the personal information to reflect the email you want.

Exact same happened to us. You don't need Celebrity call in. Log in to the account you can get into and go to personal information page. Edit that to you with your name, birthdate, celebrity captains club number and save. It will then tag you. Just make sure you have the right email. That's your starting point. Accounts are tagged to email. So you edit the personal information to reflect the email you want.

Yes but first you need to log in and THAT'S what I couldn't do.

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean websites were recently redesigned and your old log in information will not work. In fine form no notice was sent out about this change. Both websites look the same now. I also tried booking online at Royal Caribbean and it did not recognize my Crown and Anchor number. You will need to make a phone call to have your account reset.

Yes but first you need to log in and THAT'S what I couldn't do.

When it mixed your account with your husbands did the password reset come addressed to your husband? If so, use his answer to the security question. That worked to get me in.

When it mixed your account with your husbands did the password reset come addressed to your husband? If so, use his answer to the security question. That worked to get me in.

Wrong poster.....my husband doesn't have an account only I do. IT was able to solve my problem by signing me in with a temporary X password and then allowing me to change my password, which, so far, is working fine but only with Edge. This morning I was able to log in with Chrome, so we'll see how long that lasts. It seems like there are several problems going on here which makes this so hard to counter, but thanks for trying!

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean websites were recently redesigned and your old log in information will not work. In fine form no notice was sent out about this change. Both websites look the same now. I also tried booking online at Royal Caribbean and it did not recognize my Crown and Anchor number. You will need to make a phone call to have your account reset.

Hmm - no issues for either my partner or I, still using the user name / password combination we setup years ago....but I do agree Royal must hire some interesting people to do their websites

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The crazy thing is one person is told the issue is with Chrome (it isn't). I was told to use Chrome (I usually do). One day I can't get in to save my life. Yesterday it was perfection. Today? I'm not about to tempt fate.

The poster above is using his/her old user name. I HAVE to use my email now. Consistently inconsistent which makes it particularly frustrating. No problem one day? Try doing the EXACT same thing the next day and there are all sorts of error messages, and getting locked out for 20 min.

I'm so relieved that I was able to check in yesterday that I may NEVER try to go on the website again. I don't want to tempt fate.