Experiences of AMA late departures

uktog

I apologise, I put this on the roll calls earlier by mistake. Here is what I said.

Hi

I am a regular ocean cruiser dipping my toe into the river cruise experience - very excited about it.

We have selected an AMA voyage from Budapest for 7 nights. Our flights are also booked through AMA. We have today been advised that there has been a change in our flight times, we were to leave Munich at 1230 but it is now a 1700 flight. That is not a problem, but we wonder, what will AMA do. I think I have read that you care able to stay onboard and they keep your luggage, is that correct - or do we head off on a coach tour? Has anyone else got experience of a late flight with AMA especially from Vilshofen.

AMA is very flexible on turnaround day since some departing passengers have late flights and some arriving passengers come quite early. Both groups are welcome to use the lounge, and a light lunch is provided. You really won't be staying on board all that late for a 5 pm flight since you have to transfer to the airport and arrive early for security etc. Alternatively they will be happy to store your luggage to let you have a morning of sightseeing in Vilshofen before your airport transfer.

Excellent, how flexible, we could have a walk around and light lunch before heading down to Munich, sounds like an extra day on our holiday. Very happy!