HAL Air

S & LS

Can you compare flights and select your airline with HAL Flight Ease?

Yes, you can. Now, the choices can be limited.

What I did was look first to see what flights I liked and the price and then called to see what was available. My first choice was available for the flight down and for the return HAL had an option that I had not seen which I preferred (KLM) so I happily took that.

My FF miles were input and seats were chosen at the time of booking.

I had not used flight ease in over a decade + because of past bad experiences and have to say that the experience was very good.

Our pricing for the Transatlatic flight home one way was MUCH better than what I could have done on my own (unless, of course, I used FF miles).

Our Koningsdam transatlantic in October was booked as a package deal, cruise , flights, hotel through a travel agency.

We were able to upgrade our flight and choose our seats through HAL.

There was also a choice between two airlines for Ottawa to Rome.

We chose Air Canada and the flight is less than had we booked separately.

Bonus that our HAL cancellation insurance also covers our flights.

As others have said, flights will be paid at same time as final cruise payment.

Someone's info on American Airlines is wrong. .....we immediately received ...American record locator numbers. Going into ...airline website, we saw our reservations, were able to select our seats, and specify our FF numbers .

Our same experience Norfolk to Seattle return.:D

From what I have read, it seems only AA’s won’t allow seat selection until HAL makes final payment. If there are any other airlines with that policy it would be good to get a heads up.

Not sure what you mean by "...until HAL makes final payment". Do you mean when customer makes final payment to HAL? Just got off a Prinsendam TA and booked return flight Barcelona to Miami with Flight Ease. When I booked the cruise, final payment was due and paid. I was immediately able to choose my seats on American Airlines as I have done multiple times before. If there is final payment restriction, that is about 75 days out and should not be a major impediment to choosing your seats. As an aside, AA also awards frequent flyer miles on flights booked through Flight Ease.

With a few exceptions, most Flight Ease bookings are payable on the same date your cruise final payment is due. It would be a little silly to allow you to cancel your cruise anytime up to 75 days out, with full refund, but demand that you shell out your money for a non-refundable air ticket 6 months in advance. When HAL books your flight, the cost of the flight is added to your final cruise price and both are due 75 days out. If you have an issue crop up that you must cancel the cruise, the cruise and air are cancelled together and your deposit will be returned on request. There are exceptions to this, some cruise are non-refundable, and some air tickets are the same. Make sure you are totally aware of these possibilities when booking.