Question about wine

• 1 month later...

Tangentially related question - We're traveling through Italy for a week prior to cruising out of Rome. If we want to purchase wine during that week to bring home following the cruise, is there a way to have them store this for us during the cruise and return it to us upon arriving at the end of the trip? I'd really like to be able to bring some bottles back from towns we won't visit again after the cruise!

Tangentially related question - We're traveling through Italy for a week prior to cruising out of Rome. If we want to purchase wine during that week to bring home following the cruise, is there a way to have them store this for us during the cruise and return it to us upon arriving at the end of the trip? I'd really like to be able to bring some bottles back from towns we won't visit again after the cruise!

While it's not an accepted procedure, I'd probably put the bottles in checked bags to do this. If you put the bottles in carry-on bags, anything more than 2 bottles might get stopped by port security and not get on the ship. I'd also get some of the wine diaper things to protect the bottles in checked bags.

Yes, I have had them store many bottles for me.