Help --Sailing Sunday and the Giants are playing

CTMak

Sailing on the Fantasy on Sunday with DW, DD, and DD's friend. Giants are playing Carolina Sunday at 1. Carnival doesn't get Fox. The ladies would like to get on the ship early. I want to watch the Giants. I'm thinking a Sports bar in Canaveral and see at last the first half.

Question: Do we all need to check in at the same time or can I get there at say 3? Also, if we all check in at the same time -- say 11 -- can I leave and come back at 3 ish?

Thanks. Go Big Blue!!!!

CTMak

the people who have the same documents MUST check in together. If you and the lady have seperate tickets then you can meet up with her later.

I suggest getting to the pier at 11am-- hope the checkinis smooth and be onboard by noon. Hopefully the Giants is a national game and you will see it in the sports bar only. (it is a playoff game correct?)

if its only shown locally it wont be shown on the ship.

you can check in and leave.. but will have to go through security again and at 3pm you might miss the crowds. I would check in early..and head to the sports bar..if it is not shown then leave. AND DONT MISS THE SHIP-

It's nationally televised. Get yourself one of those those 3'' handheld tv's (less than $100) and a set of headphones and watch it while youre waiting to board. Or, if you make it on the ship by 1:00, which shouldn't be a problem, I'm sure they'll have it on in one of the bars or maybe even in your room. I feel for ya. There are two times of the year I'll probably never cruise... Hurricane season and football season. Go Buccaneers!!!!

Sailing on the Fantasy on Sunday with DW, DD, and DD's friend. Giants are playing Carolina Sunday at 1. Carnival doesn't get Fox. The ladies would like to get on the ship early. I want to watch the Giants. I'm thinking a Sports bar in Canaveral and see at last the first half.

Question: Do we all need to check in at the same time or can I get there at say 3? Also, if we all check in at the same time -- say 11 -- can I leave and come back at 3 ish?

Thanks. Go Big Blue!!!!

CTMak

WOO HOO!!! I am LOVING my Giants this year!!

I don't blame you for asking this question - spent some time at a New Years Eve Party the other night in front of the tv myself :eek:

However, I must admit that my cruise addiction rates a little higher than my football one!! :) I am thinking that if you can't see the game - which you probably will be able to - on the ship then perhaps you can get internet time and hit the internet cafe every now and then to log on and see what's happening....Once you get in that cruise mode and have a drink in your hand then maybe not actually seeing the whole game and just catching the highlights will be sufficient?!?!?!?

I hope my opinion does not upset you ;) Although I am a "lady" , I have been an avid Giants fan since my early teens so I certainly mean no disrespect!

Thanks everyone. And no -- I am NOT going to miss the ship.

Watching the game in one of the bars on the ship would be perfect -- but I'm almost positive (in fact I am positive) Carnival ships do not get Fox -- which is the network the Giants game is on.

That's why the idea of watching it -- or at least some of it -- on "land" came to mind.

Thanks Serene for the info about checking in together. I think we will do that and polay it by ear.

I did get a portable Sirius radio for Christmas andperhaps I'll bring that along to listen to the game.

CTMak

Archived