Free Latitude dinners

Level six

Hi all,

I am cruising for the first time as a Platinum latitudes member and I had a few questions.

1. It is not posted on my NCL page that I get 2 free dinners, is that normal?(it does list the internet minutes and shareholders benefit on the page, but nothing else) If I make reservations ahead of time will I be charged immediately or will it be comped?

2. Can I use the 2 free dinners for two as one dinner and take 2 guests?

3. Does the "free" dinner include gratuities?

4. If both my husband and I just got Platinum, do we both get 2 free dinners for two? So that would mean between us, we get 4 dinners? Score if that is the case.

5. Lastly, can we give our dinners to others? If we have two dinners, can we give the other two to our adult children?

Thanks everyone.

Hi all,

I am cruising for the first time as a Platinum latitudes member and I had a few questions.

1. It is not posted on my NCL page that I get 2 free dinners, is that normal?(it does list the internet minutes and shareholders benefit on the page, but nothing else) If I make reservations ahead of time will I be charged immediately or will it be comped? You will get the Platinum coupon in your cabin. You will not be charged if you reserve the a la carte restaurants, but if you choose one with a fixed price, you will be charged and credited on the ship with OBC.

2. Can I use the 2 free dinners for two as one dinner and take 2 guests? Since you get one dinner for two at either Cagney's or LeBistro and one dinner for two at LaCucina or Moderno, there is no way you could do this.

3. Does the "free" dinner include gratuities? I believe so, but I always leave a tip.

4. If both my husband and I just got Platinum, do we both get 2 free dinners for two? So that would mean between us, we get 4 dinners? Score if that is the case. Platinum dinners are now per cabin, not per person. You will get one dinner for two at either Cagney's or LeBistro and one dinner for two for either La Cucina or Moderno.

5. Lastly, can we give our dinners to others? If we have two dinners, can we give the other two to our adult children? No, they are not transferrable.

Thanks everyone.

I believe all this information is correct.

Hi all,

1. It is not posted on my NCL page that I get 2 free dinners, is that normal?(it does list the internet minutes and shareholders benefit on the page, but nothing else) If I make reservations ahead of time will I be charged immediately or will it be comped?

4. If both my husband and I just got Platinum, do we both get 2 free dinners for two? So that would mean between us, we get 4 dinners? Score if that is the case.

5. Lastly, can we give our dinners to others? If we have two dinners, can we give the other two to our adult children?

Thanks everyone.

1. Nothing gets posted on your NCL page about these meals.

2. The two meals are in different restaurants, so have to be taken separately.

3. Gratuities are included.

4.no, they are per cabin, bit per person.

5. No, they are not transferable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Answers to 1 and 4,

Just booked our comp dinners on Norwegian Jade and when I’d finished the account showed no charge, so they pick it up from your My NCL ACCOUNT.

The meals are only applicable per cabin, so no you can’t split husband and wife. Love to know how it works for friends sharing a cabin. Interested not whinging.

Answers to 1 and 4,

Just booked our comp dinners on Norwegian Jade and when I’d finished the account showed no charge, so they pick it up from your My NCL ACCOUNT.

The meals are only applicable per cabin, so no you can’t split husband and wife. Love to know how it works for friends sharing a cabin. Interested not whinging.

There is no charge when booking meals at a la carte places, so I assume that is why you got no charge (or you have the SDP and it assumes you are using that). The system doesn’t know about the latitudes meal at this point.

It works the same whether it is husband and wife sharing a room or friends.

This is normal. You will get coupons/vouchers in your cabin.

No

We elected to leave a tip at both of our free Platinum meals. What anyoen else chooses to do is 100% up to them.

No, one set of coupons per cabin. If three or more platinum are in a single cabin you iwll get two sets of coupons.

No

Thanks everyone.

you have to bring the coupon with you to dinner! We forgot and ended up using one of our SDP

We got one of our coupons 'replaced' on a recent cruise. Here is what went down.

We used the first coupon on day 2 a Le Bistro.

On the 6th day we ate at La Cucina and (by our plans) were supposed to use our second coupon but we used our SDP thinking the coupon we still had was good for Cagney's the last night.

When we realized our mistake we were directed to the the cruise next desk. I explained what happened and they issued us replacement coupons to use the last night in Cagneys.

Thanks everyone!!

We are not sharing a cabin, haha, not that crazy!!

Safe travels everyone.

But you could have booked you in the cabin with one adult child and your husband with the other adult child and then both you and your husband would each have two dinners for two. NCL doesn't care where you actually sleep and you could all use your own credit cards for your accounts. :cool:

You receive 2 coupons per cabin, so remember to bring the coupon with you if you want to use it rather than the SDP one.

Using the Plat coupon entitles you to 1 starter, 1 entrée and 1 dessert.

Using the SDP entitles you to one entrée and multiple starters/desserts.

You receive 2 coupons per cabin, so remember to bring the coupon with you if you want to use it rather than the SDP one.

Thanks! Also, very useful information. I appreciate it.

That is two individual coupons, not two sets of coupons, just to clarify.

1) Dinner For Two At Moderno Or La Cucina

2) Dinner For Two At Cagney's Or Le Bistro With A Bottle Of Wine

Hi all,

Thanks everyone.

You cannot make reservations prior to the cruise for these dinners (platinum). You must make these reservations upon boarding; the sooner the better.

You cannot make reservations prior to the cruise for these dinners (platinum). You must make these reservations upon boarding; the sooner the better.

You certainly can make them in advance.

I (and many others) have done so for years now.

So we would just make them in advance on trip planner and bring the coupon to dinner? Thanks everyone, it is my first time as platinum.

Yes.

The only problem you would have is if you want to book Moderno, and you don’t have the dining plan. If that is the case then you will be charged the cover charge when booking. However, if you have the SDP then just make sure that you book the places with a cover charge first. The system assumes that the first few meals that you book will be using the SDP for the purposes of whether to charge you when booking, but you can decide how you will actually pay for each one when you arrive.

There is a guide to some of this in the link in my signature. It is a little out of date, as it was written before the latitudes changes, but you should get the gist of it.

Note: You only get one laundry coupon even if there are more than one Platinum or Platinum Plus in the cabin. You can get additional coupons from the Cruise Next Manager or just write Platinum or Platinum Plus on your itemized list that you include with your laundry.

Totally incorrect.

You book your Platinum meals as soon reservations open 120/130 prior to departure.

Totally incorrect.

You book your Platinum meals as soon reservations open 120/130 prior to departure.

True. Make sure you book the cover charge restaurants first before the a la carte ones, if you have both SDPs and Plat meals.