Wireless Speakers.......the NEW BOOM BOX of Old?

Excuse me? People were trying to enjoy their cruise? Seriously? I have to listen to someone else’s music so they can enjoy their cruise?

How about a compromise. If it bothered me, I would ask if there was anyway to turn it down a bit. Seems like you went right for security and guest relations, instead of trying to make nice with a neighbor.

Or was it that you just wanted it completely off, so you could enjoy your cruise... even if it meant others could not?

It is amusing how peoples go to way of dealing with issues is to "Tell"....

Right!? How about talking to the person first and explaining the situation, instead of running to tell. Some people never grow up...

If only there were devices which allowed users to play their own music selection and have the sound play through some sort of device you wear on your head and the sound comes out directly into their ears. Someone should get on that. It'd be HUGE!

Edited by aeonix01

If only there were devices which allowed users to play their own music selection and have the sound play through some sort of device you wear on your head and the sound comes out directly into their ears. Someone should get on that. It'd be HUGE!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe you can pass some earphones around to your dance buddies like the ones at the silent disco so you don’t piss off your neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously, its a cruise operated by Ceroccruise.com which is a UK dance company. There are well over 300 of us going and we have been allocated a bar to dance in, the music will be far louder than my little blue tooth speaker can produce. Although we may use it in the early hours when the official music ends.

How about a compromise. If it bothered me, I would ask if there was anyway to turn it down a bit. Seems like you went right for security and guest relations, instead of trying to make nice with a neighbor.

Or was it that you just wanted it completely off, so you could enjoy your cruise... even if it meant others could not?

In a civil society, your right to enjoyment of anything goes right up to the line where it impinges on my enjoyment. There used to be a Social Contract, wherein civility trumped all.

Now, the Social Contract has been usurped, and Entitlement rules all. It makes me sad.

We just got off the Anthem this morning. Ship was great had a few issues here and there but nothing awful. Well that was until our Bermuda day. Went out on our balcony after we departed Bermuda to enjoy the view and all I could hear was loud music, people singing loudly (and poorly I might add), jumping around, etc. An hour later it was still going strong so I called security. An officer came by and told me "they're just having fun" WHAT?? Really? Another 45mins goes buy and I walked to guest services to voice my displeasure. Guess services acted quickly and they apologized for not taking care of the situation the first time. Thankfully the music stopped and we didn't have an issue the remainder of the cruise. Not in the room anyway. These people thought it appropriate to play there music on their wireless speaker in the elevator! I'm I just getting old? :confused:

I am SO glad I changed my mind about bringing the bose speaker along...yes, that would irritate a lot of people. I love reading my book on the balcony in peace and quiet. Luckily for us, the entire balcony times were peaceful with no noise. We were on the same cruise. Sorry this happened to you.

In a civil society, your right to enjoyment of anything goes right up to the line where it impinges on my enjoyment. There used to be a Social Contract, wherein civility trumped all.

Now, the Social Contract has been usurped, and Entitlement rules all. It makes me sad.

I'm not convinced there was ever a "social contract" to begin with, and think it is more related to being repressed.

Also, lets not forget who raised these so called "entitled" folks.

As far as "right up to the line where it impinges on my enjoyment." That is way too vague, and hypocritically self-absorbed.