18 + comedy shows

missaliss

I have seen some pretty raunchy shows I might watch with my son, not sure about a daughter.

Why would you discriminate between your children, based upon sex? Because you are uncomfortable, or because you think females, simply because of their gender are less able to handle "raunchy?"

I think it is up to the parent to decide if the 17 1/2 year old is mature enough to see an R rated comedy show or not.
Yep, and so should parent of 17 year old, and then how about parent of 16 year old, after all what's one year. And once we agree that's ok then maybe leave it up to parent of 15 year old, and once you are ok with that then maybe just agree that anyone should be able to do what they want as a parent and just tell your kids that rules aren't meant for them....

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Here's my opinion...

Yes you should be able to decide if your child is mature enough to watch an adult comedy show, however why would you teach your child that it is ok to disobey and disrespect a rule. Its not a recommendation, it is clearly listed as 18+ . Teaching them to break this rule because it seems small is just teaching them that other rules are meant to be broken.

next cruise when your child is actually 18 take them to the show, until then be a parent and teach them right from wrong and leave them to the teen camp.

Why would you discriminate between your children, based upon sex? Because you are uncomfortable, or because you think females, simply because of their gender are less able to handle "raunchy?"

discriminate? Are you really going there?

"because of their gender are less able to handle "raunchy?"

No, I could not handle it. Have you been to some of these shows? The graphic language and vivid description of body parts is sometimes overboard and I am not a prude. If you can't see the difference, sorry. I would take my son to strip club, but not a daughter, discrimination? seriously? It's called embarrassment

IMO, he will be fine! Cruises out of CA are so chill. I can't imagine he would be carded. If so, no biggie. It's not like they will punish you. Don't let anyone here try to guide you with their moral compass, especially about something so minuscule. No need to stress. On a cruise out of Puerto Rico last summer I saw teenagers in the 18+ show...(at least they looked like teens). Totally up to you and your son. Have fun no matter what you decide! (And for the record, I disagree with previous posts and think the majority of the comedians (I've seen) are hilarious!

This !

discriminate? Are you really going there?

"because of their gender are less able to handle "raunchy?"

No, I could not handle it. Have you been to some of these shows? The graphic language and vivid description of body parts is sometimes overboard and I am not a prude. If you can't see the difference, sorry. I would take my son to strip club, but not a daughter, discrimination? seriously? It's called embarrassment

I declare, Your daughter might get the vapors! LOL! And your son might get more hairs on his chest!?! Just ridiculous!!!!

I’ve been to comedy & strip clubs and wouldn’t take any of my kids regardless of whether they are female or male. Neither are appropriate for my kids, particularly with a parent which implies sanctioning of the event, consent and/or agreement...not sure why gender matters in either of these scenarios. That’s just me though.

Here's an idea - buy him a beer first, then go to the comedy club. No one will question his age if he's drinking. After all, he *is* 17 now, so what better time to teach him that rules are meant to be broken!

💜💜💜

You couldn't be more correct!

💜💜💜

Well, if you don't mind you 17 year old daughter to be sitting next to a single 40 year adult, listening to raunchy sexual jokes, and than be hit upon, because the 40 year old, thinks your kid is legal age......Parents, you need to be responsible, and understand, the rules are there to protect your kids. It is unfortunate, that so many parents today, need to have parental classes on how to protect their kids, and teach them the rules. Name one kid that doesn't want to start driving a year before their license. Name a kid that doesn't want to have a drink before legal age.....and so on. That's where the parenting kick in.

Well, if you don't mind you 17 year old daughter to be sitting next to a single 40 year adult, listening to raunchy sexual jokes, and than be hit upon, because the 40 year old, thinks your kid is legal age......Parents, you need to be responsible, and understand, the rules are there to protect your kids. It is unfortunate, that so many parents today, need to have parental classes on how to protect their kids, and teach them the rules. Name one kid that doesn't want to start driving a year before their license. Name a kid that doesn't want to have a drink before legal age.....and so on. That's where the parenting kick in.

I hadn't even thought of that whole new level of sickness. I guess that comes from only having a son!

. Wow, just wow. So you have to protect a female but not a male? How about protect a 17 year old CHILD by leaving them in the room?

If she were 18 wouldn't it be the same situation? Would they need parenting classes if they let their 18 year old attend? Not a great analogy.

Working in the construction industry for the last 30+years, I am not easily offended by "Adult" language or topics. That being said I have often found on our cruises that the PG shows are actually funnier since the comedians cannot fall back on the shock value of language to be entertaining but actually have to be funny.

Working in the construction industry for the last 30+years, I am not easily offended by "Adult" language or topics. That being said I have often found on our cruises that the PG shows are actually funnier since the comedians cannot fall back on the shock value of language to be entertaining but actually have to be funny.

I agree with you, we've seen many 18+ and while they were funny they all went the same direction. On our last cruise with the Family we attended all the PG shows and you are right, they were very funny.

What color heart or ribbon supports the cure for people who can't keep their noses out of other people's business?

Hope for the cure!

Where is the like button! Check every thread and there are "moral police" telling people what to do and how to do it. I'd bet most of those folks support "moral-less" politicians though. Oh the hypocrisy.

I have seen some pretty raunchy shows I might watch with my son, not sure about a daughter.

No offense but, wow! As the mother of a daughter I would never say what's alright for one gender is not ok for the other.

That being said, have you walked into a high school lately? What they will hear in the show is nothing they haven't already heard