Cannes Port Excursion Possibilities and Recommendations?

BazAl

Heya,

Mymother and I will be on a European cruise (By Norwegian Cruise Lines) inAugust. We will land in Cannes port onAugust 11 (Saturday) from 7AM-7PM. That's a 12 hour cruise port… meaning there'seither a lot to do (which I'm sure there is) or the cruise port is a drive fromthe location you want to get to.

I found Monaco, Nice and the Italian Market… would be greatif we can do all three that day (if possible let me know ^_____^). It sounds like a good portion of people go toMonaco.

In the Norwegian Cruise Excursion site they have Monaco onyour own (8hr) for $109

https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/CEQ_55/Monaco-On-Your-Own?destination=Europe+Cruises&port=CEQ&sort=searchFeatured&sortOrder=asc&perPage=48

and Highlights of Monaco and Nice (8hr) for $119

https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions/CEQ_52/Highlights-of-Monaco-Nice?destination=Europe+Cruises&port=CEQ&sort=searchFeatured&sortOrder=asc&perPage=48

But I'm not a fan of Cruise directed excursions – they stuffyou in a bus with 50+ people, they guides aren't passionate – you don't get asmuch out of it as the locals working for a local company. That's where I'm hoping people here can adviseme. How do people typically go on aboutthe Cannes cruise excursion port? Anytour company you recommend? Is itpossible to visit all three sites (the ladies love to shop) – I read onSaturday the Italian Market is at San Remo… may be a bit far – but we do technicallyhave 12 hours >___<

Thanks!

We were in Cannes from 7am-5pm so not quite 12hrs. You will also need to consider that Cannes is a tender port so you will need to add extra time to get on/off the ship and tenders. Also, all aboard was usually 30 minutes before departure time.

We decided to take the train to Nice first and by the time we got back to Cannes, we were pretty tired and decided to see the sites along the path back to port. Luckily the film festival was going on so there were things to see along the way back. I think we were back on the ship by 3pm and couldn’t imagine fitting another city into our day.

If you want to visit Monaco, Nice, Italian market and Cannes, I would recommend a private tour (cheaper than ship excursions) to make use of your time in port. Unfortunately, no recommendations on tour companies.

Enjoy your trip!

We were in Cannes from 7am-5pm so not quite 12hrs. You will also need to consider that Cannes is a tender port so you will need to add extra time to get on/off the ship and tenders. Also, all aboard was usually 30 minutes before departure time.

We decided to take the train to Nice first and by the time we got back to Cannes, we were pretty tired and decided to see the sites along the path back to port. Luckily the film festival was going on so there were things to see along the way back. I think we were back on the ship by 3pm and couldn’t imagine fitting another city into our day.

If you want to visit Monaco, Nice, Italian market and Cannes, I would recommend a private tour (cheaper than ship excursions) to make use of your time in port. Unfortunately, no recommendations on tour companies.

Enjoy your trip!

Recently got off our NCL Epic May 27 med cruise. Cannes was a port that I'm very glad we did a private tour instead of DIY; we got to see the beautiful town of Eze along with Cannes, Monaco and Monte Carlo through http://provence-trips.com/. Exchanged emails with William Bertrand, the owner and received his guide for the day, Benjamin. Shared the tour with 4 other people on our roll call which brought the price down and we had a very customized and fun tour.

Benjamin was lively, enthusiastic, very informative, and light hearted. He quizzed us on how we wanted to proceed; leisurely lunch or quick one to add an extra stop; spend more time here or less there; offered suggestions along the way if we wanted to detour off or visit there...he was really great on timing and explaining the history of places. He had wifi mobile! so we all took advantage of that throughout the day. He interacted with my teenage son and daughter easily; and since she wanted to be a marine biologist took us to Monaco's Oceanographic Museum. We didn't go in but took pics of the submarine outside and shopped a little in the store which made my daughter super happy. Next time!

Out of all the tour guides we had on this trip I have to admit he put the French Riviera way up there as a very enjoyable day.

There is no way you can get to San Remo and see much more in the area of Cannes in August! It would be 1.5 hours each way without the very heavy August traffic. And frankly, why go there for the market when you can go to the flower market in Nice? It is much nicer than the one in San Remo. The Flower (and vegetable) Market closes around 12:30. I would advice going there first on your way to Eze. Another option would be Saint Paul de Vence. Google the following towns: Saint Jean-Cap Ferrat, Eze, Antibes and Saint Paul de Vence and see what interests you. You have plenty of time in 12 hours to see a lot (actually, think 10 hours to allow time to disembark and reboard).

Here are many photos of the Nice flower market:

https://www.google.com/search?q=nice+flower+market&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS730US730&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=nKMgcv5jfcY-dM%253A%252C2TlN4AFYskAmwM%252C_&usg=__LrRAa8Mg-7kqDY4KcI1uicSaSfo%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCptmK6NPbAhWDna0KHXwTCn8Q9QEIiAEwCA#imgrc=nKMgcv5jfcY-dM:

Yes, I would recommend a private tour. I cannot mention one because we always rent a car when we stay in the area.

• 4 weeks later...

Do not use provenceprivatetour.com. I had two tours booked and they cancelled less than a month before because I asked them a question I forgot I had already asked about using a mobility scooter. I have been dealing with lots of emails from tours since ports to book so I didn’t remember I did ask and they said no. So they cancelled the tour for Monaco and a second one for Provence.

Now I am scrambling to find tours. Horrible and not reliable.

NOT A COMPANY YOU SHOULD DO BUSINESS WITH.

• 1 month later...

Lots of good advice :). Regarding paying over $100 to take a bus to Monaco, you can simply take the local train (its like a commuter train) from Cannes to Monte Carlo for about 5€ per person (the fare varies depending on your age and how you purchase). And that same train goes through other interesting places like Antibes and Nice on its way to Monte Carlo :).

Hank