Southwest Schedule Release

jonsmom

My husband and I are flying into FLL for our April cruise.

Airlines that release their fares 330 days prior have release their schedule and the cost of flying is crazy ridiculous. Anywhere from $600 to $1100.

I am hoping that Southwest will be less. On June 28 they are releasing flights through March. Anyone know when, historically, they will release for April?

Thanks!

Airlines that release their fares 330 days prior have release their schedule and the cost of flying is crazy ridiculous. Anywhere from $600 to $1100.

I am hoping that Southwest will be less. On June 28 they are releasing flights through March. Anyone know when, historically, they will release for April?

Thanks!

Be patient, we booked February 2018 for April 2018 cruise and paid $296 round trip from SFO to Miami.

Be patient, we booked February 2018 for April 2018 cruise and paid $296 round trip from SFO to Miami.
There are a couple different factors inThe Northeast that causes this high airfare in April

School Vacation Week

Easter

Would bet SWA not cheap either

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Thanks!

Probably end of July....wait until June 28, then go to southwest, scroll to bottom of the page where they list all the corporate stuff, click on flying southwest, flight schedules that will tell you when they open for next period. As soon as you have the date, mark your calendar to go to them that morning....those will be the best prices you will get and they will be less than the big guys.

Thanks!

We are taking Amtrak from Boston to FLL for our cruise this fall. We are taking the train down for around $138.00 each. Flying back for $95.00 each. Airfare is nuts to Florida! Making the train trip is part of our "Adventure"

Southwest is not always the cheapest option. They are capacity-controlled like everyone else (which shows up in their prices), and Florida is a popular destination. I've often found airfare more expensive for a Florida winter getaway than for Christmas weekend fares elsewhere.

We are taking Amtrak from Boston to FLL for our cruise this fall. We are taking the train down for around $138.00 each. Flying back for $95.00 each. Airfare is nuts to Florida! Making the train trip is part of our "Adventure"

How cool is that. Sounds like fun. And where are you getting the $95 return flight from? Is that Jet Blue? FLL to Boston is often a highly discounted route. And that rate on Amtrak, that's a great rate too.

We've never had luck with Southwest. Always more expensive than the big guys from here but each airport is different.

We took the auto train one year from Virginia to Sanford. It was a very long trip. Lol

How cool is that. Sounds like fun. And where are you getting the $95 return flight from? Is that Jet Blue? FLL to Boston is often a highly discounted route. And that rate on Amtrak, that's a great rate too.

We've never had luck with Southwest. Always more expensive than the big guys from here but each airport is different.

Yes, We get back to FLL on a Thursday so it was only $95.00 on Jet Blue back to Boston.

Thanks!

A month to a month and a half later.

There are a couple different factors inThe Northeast that causes this high airfare in April

School Vacation Week

Easter

Would bet SWA not cheap either

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Our cruise also during Easter Break but still able to find great fare. Just keep checking.

Probably end of July....wait until June 28, then go to southwest, scroll to bottom of the page where they list all the corporate stuff, click on flying southwest, flight schedules that will tell you when they open for next period. As soon as you have the date, mark your calendar to go to them that morning....those will be the best prices you will get and they will be less than the big guys.

I did that for our airfare to Seattle. The very day Southwest opened the schedule for the month we needed. Easily could snag the best rates which were about half of what I was seeing on the other airlines! But act fast.

I really like that idea. How long does it take to get from Boston to FLL via Amtrak? We are planning to fly the day before the cruise so the train might work for us.

I found the answer to the OP's Question:

We are currently accepting air reservations through January 6, 2019. On June 28, 2018 we will open our schedule for sale through March 6, 2019.

Amtrak, we are going two nights ahead. One night on the train and one at Port Everglades somewhere.

There are two trains to Florida, both start in New York's Penn Station. Both end in Miami. If you are sailing out of Tampa, The Silver Star would be the one to take. It takes 25 hours to Tampa and 30 hours to get to Fort Lauderdale. The train we are taking is the Silver Meteor this train takes 26 hours to Fort Lauderdale.

Hint: If you are in the Northeast and want to take the train to Penn Station. On Amtrak's Website price a ticket going from your town to NYP only. It gives you so many more choices than when you put your town to Miami or wherever. Than call Amtrak to make the reservation tell them you want to take "X" train to NY than your train to Florida. (I hope you understand what I am trying to say) I have been many times but this is the first for DH. I don't get the sleeping compartments either (defeats the saving money idea, and I would have to stare at DH's mug the whole way. LOL). I am social and like to hang out in the lounge car. I don't have a problem sleeping the seats are great and the motion is not unlike a ships rocking. (I bring a small pillow and a small throw)

My sailing is in April. SWA schedule being released on the 28th is only for flights in March :)

Sent from my RCT6603W87M7 using Tapatalk

And on 6/29 you open SW and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, click on flight schedules (second column) and that will tell you when they will open for the next block, which will include April. You also mentioned Choice Air......I think you will do much better with SW or one of the other lower cost airlines. Choice is fantastic for cruises leaving from foreign ports for both return trips and one-way trips.....and if you like to fly business class you'll save a bundle, but for domestic flights.....not so much.