Eclipse suite under oceanview

pennys mum

Looking at an S2 on the eclipse but it is directly below the outdoor area of the ocean view cafe. I have looked on the sticky thread but no comments there. Is this a good or bad position? Any advice gratefully received.

We have cruised in the corner S1 on that deck many times. It is our preferred location. We do hear some scrapping of chairs and occasionally crew cleaning the deck. We do not find it a problem as we really like the overhang and shade.

Looking at an S2 on the eclipse but it is directly below the outdoor area of the ocean view cafe. I have looked on the sticky thread but no comments there. Is this a good or bad position? Any advice gratefully received.

Just off the Eclipse in S2 room #2153 and experienced some early morning re arranging of chairs. It was a colder cruise so I imagine traffic on that deck would be significantly more noisy if in the Caribbean, Mediterranean, or other itinerary where many passengers would be on deck.

Overall, it wasn’t that bad but I would prefer to be lower given the choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in 2117 last month and you could hear some noise from above but it really didn’t disturb us. I am a light sleeper and it didn’t wake me up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks our next cruise we are in 2117. We have had 2133 and I could hear noise in the morning like a conveyor belt through the ceiling. And I'm not a light sleeper.

From past experience we never book under an activity deck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

+1

I have never understood why cruiselines put their more expensive cabins in these locations. They should be reserved for those that are hard of hearing.....or at least have a warning attached.