Good cruise, great cabin location but Luminae, oh dear

B x

We just did a transatlantic on Silhouette and Luminae was one of the main highlights of the trip! I just assumed it would be the same on the rest of the fleet. Will have to investigate before booking another suite!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this year 14 day South America cruise (Infinity Carnaval cruise ,Royal suite )

After a few meals in the Luminae my wife and I we decide to eat in the OVC.

Yes the Luminae was great (use to be). but now we are not sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just did a transatlantic on Silhouette and Luminae was one of the main highlights of the trip! I just assumed it would be the same on the rest of the fleet. Will have to investigate before booking another suite!

If it helps at all, Luminae was WONDERFUL on Eclipse in April....best ever staff AND food...….

Indeed I have as one of our granddaughters made it to the quarter finals of the UK one a few years ago (no carbonara involved though!). Yes egg on top, I asked for it without, but the egg added nothing other that to create an even worse visual appearance once hubby cut into it.

Congratulations to your granddaughter!! I hope she cooks for you!

While I am happy that Kaibocan thought Luminae was a "highlight" since we will be aboard in her in 10 days but I am very disappointed to hear about Luminae on the Reflection! It sounds awful and not what we have come to expect from Luminae. I'm quite worried about our September Med cruise and hope there is a shake up in Luminae sometime soon!

While I am happy that Kaibocan thought Luminae was a "highlight" since we will be aboard in her in 10 days but I am very disappointed to hear about Luminae on the Reflection! It sounds awful and not what we have come to expect from Luminae. I'm quite worried about our September Med cruise and hope there is a shake up in Luminae sometime soon!

Luminae was wonderful on both the Constellation and later on the Equinox. We are now booked on the Infinity for Europe and I am hoping all is ok there. Frankly, it is the reason why we did not book another cruise line!

Also wondering about Michael's Club. Did not have a good experience on Equinox. We loved it on the Constellation. Wonderful to have amazing canapes with our drinks before dinner. They did not do it on the Equinox.

Interesting to hear about your disappointment on the cuisine served in Luminae.

Have you people ever sailed on a luxury cruise line like Oceania?

Compared the cuisine, quality, presentation, service and specialty restaurants.

We usually sail with Celebrity and Princess, but recently sailed for the first time with Oceania.. Only 600 PAX. We found everything was a cut above mass market Celebrity and Princess. We have booked 2 cruises with Oceania for 2019. We enjoyed Oceania that much. :)

Just my opinion.

Happy cruising. :)

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

We just returned from the May 28th western Mediterranean cruise on the Reflection. We never had a disappointing meal in the luminae. In fact they was exceptionally delicious. This restaurant made our vacation the highlight of each day. The service was first class! We were fortunate to have Vishell and Andrea take good care of us each day. We wanted for nothing and the food was not only gourmet but exceptionally delicious. I guess we lucked out because I can only recommend the Reflection for it was an amazing ship!

The same sailing as us then. I know food is subjective and the difference could just be the dishes selected on any given day, but it was disturbing to see several diners also send dishes back. That was something we did not see last cruise or indeed when we sailed on Constellation prior to that.

Our waiter Felix was brilliant as were all the waiters and we have no complaints about any of them. But having sailed on Reflection just a few months earlier when every meal was excellent, it came of something of a shock to see such a downturn.

In answer to Kingofcool 1947, no we have not done Oceana, but have this week booked one with them and also Holland America which we have been on a few years ago. I feel a sense of disloyalty as we have sailed X for may years, but now seems like time for a change. And I might add that both of the new booking have come in considerable lower than those quoted by X for better grade cabins, comparable itineraries and sailing dates.

We just returned from the May 28th western Mediterranean cruise on the Reflection. We never had a disappointing meal in the luminae. In fact they was exceptionally delicious. This restaurant made our vacation the highlight of each day. The service was first class! We were fortunate to have Vishell and Andrea take good care of us each day. We wanted for nothing and the food was not only gourmet but exceptionally delicious. I guess we lucked out because I can only recommend the Reflection for it was an amazing ship!

Your review and many others on this thread are much more typical of Luminae. As I said before we have been on 4 sailings with Luminae, including the Reflection, and thought food & service were outstanding on all, with Equinox being the least, but still wonderful.

Not doubting the OP's experiences but maybe it was just an anomaly and not the norm, if it were me 1 bad experience is not enough to question the whole Luminae operation....