Question for recent Glory travelers

novellaherman

My question is this...........was the ship time the same as island time on the eastern carribean? We will actually be traveling when the clocks are set forward one hour, which I believe is daylight savings...........but if I can establish what time is now,......... ship vs. island time. I should be able to finally get it straight. I am trying to book a private tour and wondering how late we can go..........don't want to even come close to missing the boat. Thanks

novella

The ships time is always the same and it is the time of its origianl port (at least for the caribbean cruises. transatlantic and world cruises differ) If you goto Cozumel or Mexico and the itinerary says 7 am, it is 7am eastern or 4am(or5am, not sure how many hours difference) there time.

So on that note, dont ask the locals for the time when you are planning what time to return to the ship.

We will be on the Glory for the Eastern in a couple of weeks (YEAH!) I am not sure about the Bahamas, but I do know that St. Thomas and St. Marteen are on AST - Atlantic Standard Time, which means if it is 5 pm in Orlando, it is 6 pm in St. Thomas. Anyone you book at tour with will understand that you should stay on ship time. Make all arrangements in EST time, they can do the math for you. But always have a watch with you that is ON ship time only.

We will be on the Glory for the Eastern in a couple of weeks (YEAH!) I am not sure about the Bahamas, but I do know that St. Thomas and St. Marteen are on AST - Atlantic Standard Time, which means if it is 5 pm in Orlando, it is 6 pm in St. Thomas. Anyone you book at tour with will understand that you should stay on ship time. Make all arrangements in EST time, they can do the math for you. But always have a watch with you that is ON ship time only.

But those islands do not observe DST (daylight savings time). The key is this: make sure that you know what ime it is when you leave, and make sure that your watch is set to that time. Be back before the ship is supposed to leave.

Tell your tour operator what time the ship leaves when you book. They are pretty good about getting you back on time.

So if I have this correctly.........When Florida springs ahead for daylight savings then it will be the same time in FL as in St. Thomas and St Marteen. Great that makes it so much easier. Our ship is supposed to dock in St. Thomas at 10:00. If I book a tour starting at 10:30 do you all think that is enough time to clear customs? Or wqould 11:00 be better?

Archived