Should I purchase a Spa service now or on Embarkation Day?

maddea20

Hi there,

I'll be on the Carnival Horizon in a few weeks and would like to have my first facial done on the cruise. Can anyone tell me if its best to purchase this service now or wait until I get on the ship and purchase on Embarkation Day?

I'm in a Cloud 9 Spa cabin where I've read you can get discounts on spa services if your in one of these cabins, but I'm wondering if the discount would be better then the discount I'm seeing if I were to purchase now before the cruise?

Thanks for any info on this.

They have a lot of specials while you’re on board but the best ones with the really good discounts are on port days. So if you’re looking at doing one on a port day I’d say wait. But if you’re looking at a sea day, the discounts aren’t as good for those days and the good hours fill up fast so I’d book now with the 20% discount. So I guess it depends on when you’re looking to book one.

They have a lot of specials while you’re on board but the best ones with the really good discounts are on port days. So if you’re looking at doing one on a port day I’d say wait. But if you’re looking at a sea day, the discounts aren’t as good for those days and the good hours fill up fast so I’d book now with the 20% discount. So I guess it depends on when you’re looking to book one.

Don't forget the giftcard to add another 10% on top of that

Oh no I just read one comment from someone who says I should book now and then someone who says I should wait. :o

What shall I do? :o

I actually I want to get this facial done at 9:15am on a sea day, the day after embarkation.

I would wait, especially since you are in a spa cabin. The embarkation spa specials are usually good.

I wonder if I should go with what your saying as someone above says there are better discounts now.

Book it now since you want it the first sea day. That is prime time!

Your spa room discounts will be for port days only...10% off your first treatment, 20% off your second, and 30% off your third.

Embarkation specials are usually for embarkation day, port days, or for specific packages which you may not want.

Ok thanks. This sounds good. I’ll book now then. :cool:

Book it now since you want it the first sea day. That is prime time!

Your spa room discounts will be for port days only...10% off your first treatment, 20% off your second, and 30% off your third.

Embarkation specials are usually for embarkation day, port days, or for specific packages which you may not want.

Can't help much in when to book but I would suggest you do the actual facial later in the cruise as your skin will be super sensitive after and you don't want to be miserable from a lot of sun, sweat and salt water- just a thought since you said this would be your first facial

I'm with Ballerinamom, I would not get a facial with days of sun, water, and outdoors time ahead of me.

You might want to schedule it at home a day or two afterwards, hold on to some of that "relaxation" vibe. Also then you'll maybe have a 'regular' to visit - like a nail salon!

I'm with Ballerinamom, I would not get a facial with days of sun, water, and outdoors time ahead of me.

You might want to schedule it at home a day or two afterwards, hold on to some of that "relaxation" vibe. Also then you'll maybe have a 'regular' to visit - like a nail salon!

I also would not want a facial after days in the sun. Heaven forbid you get a bit too much - then they are spending the time on the facial trying to avoid the burn.

Once I got a salt scrub massage after a few days at sea and it was AWFUL - made my skin so irritated! Never again!

I always prebuy my wife a pedicure mid-morning of the first sea day. We walk up there, and there is already a huge line of folks wanting to schedule services. We walk right past them since her time was reserved months in advance.

Saving a bit is not worth waiting in line. (IMHO)

I didn't even think of that. :o You might be right. Thanks.

Can't help much in when to book but I would suggest you do the actual facial later in the cruise as your skin will be super sensitive after and you don't want to be miserable from a lot of sun, sweat and salt water- just a thought since you said this would be your first facial