Star Princess Southbound Alaska mini review

erber

One thing that I appreciate about Princess is the fact that the announcements that I really don't have to hear are not audible in the cabin. If I miss the announcement about the art auction or the sale on wristwatches, it is really no big deal. Believe me, txwriter, if there is an important announcement, you will hear it in your cabin.

Perhaps I was unclear. I had read some reviews about endless announcements onboard, but this was not a problem for us. I did not mind that I could not hear them. I did sometimes miss the fact that I didn’t hear the captain’s updates. “Nevertheless, bye-bye.”

• 3 weeks later...
What were the times for the MDR ? I have 8:15 pm but I have read where they have an earlier time than what was booked.

So I'm not the only crazy one. We are on July 14th cruise and I have told my family that I have seen Patters that show 7:45 pm for late traditional dining but our papers say 8:15. One in our group used a TA and said they confirmed 8:15, but sometimes I'm not sure how a TA would know. I've seen it earlier on copies posted here on patters. Maybe someone else will reply.

So I'm not the only crazy one. We are on July 14th cruise and I have told my family that I have seen Patters that show 7:45 pm for late traditional dining but our papers say 8:15. One in our group used a TA and said they confirmed 8:15, but sometimes I'm not sure how a TA would know. I've seen it earlier on copies posted here on patters. Maybe someone else will reply.

You won't know until you get your cruise card at check-in. It's up to the Maitre D' on each individual ship.

The 8:15 is really just a place holder indicating you are at the late seating. When a cruise is open for booking up to two years in advance, nobody knows for sure what the actual dining times will be, so the choice is given of an early time and a late time (in your case 8:15). As the above post says, you will not know the actual time until you get your cruise card at check-in.

I was once on a B2B with late seating. The pre-cruise time listed was 8 PM for both segments. Actual times turned out to be 7:45 for the first segment and 8:15 for the second segment. Well, they at least averaged to be 8 PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We will be sailing on the Star in September and have also booked an obstructed cabin. I have looked at the cabin features and looked at the pictures and diagrams. So here is my question. Was there a couch in your cabin or two chairs? Actually, one picture showed only one chair. So, any info you could provide.

Thank you