Trip Report of 7 Days on NCL Bliss - First Seattle to Alaska Sailing - June 2-9, 2018

SeahawkSiren

Thanks for posting! Love the photos!

We had a great time too and look forward to sailing on the Bliss again in the future!

Thanks, Motegi. We too loved the Bliss and are already in the planning stages of another Bliss cruise. Looking at a Mexican Riviera cruise next year in October 2019.

Glad you had a great time too.

What kind of camera are you using for your photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi LdyMags. I am just using a small point-and-shoot camera, the Nikon Coolpix S3700. It's nothing fancy but it does take pretty good pictures. The Dawes glacier photos were taken on my phone (android Samsung Galaxy S7).

I enjoy photography and should really invest in a more sophisticated camera someday.

Stunning, absolutely stunning photos, Siren! Two tips, though … always carry a fully charged spare camera battery in your pants/jeans pocket! And if your camera has this option, put the Airplane Mode on, this will conserve the battery and stop it from draining fast but it means no GPS.

How far in advance are the NCL excursions available online to be booked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it can vary. I've seen excursions available as far out as 6 months in advance but sometimes it is not that far in advance.

If you are interested in this glacier excursion for your cruise I would suggest reserving it as soon as it's available. It's a very popular excursion and I understand it sells out regularly.

Wednesday, June 6. Skagway. Welcome to Skagway! A full house today with all 4 ships arriving at 7:00 a.m.

Golden Princess, Radiance of the Seas and NCL Pearl all joined us in Skagway (didn't we just see all of you in Juneau yesterday too?) ;p

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We were originally going to hike to Lower Dewey Lake but since DH had a cold and wasn't feeling too great we weren’t going to do anything major exerting so just wandered around downtown Skagway. So for Skagway I just have some random photos to post. Such a great little town that has done a tremendous job within the historic district to preserve or restore to the 1890's atmosphere.

enhance

Edited by SeahawkSiren

I guess it’s a good thing we didn’t go hiking after all as it got very windy in the afternoon. Came out of nowhere after a nice, calm morning. It was even hard walking back to ship it was so windy.

But on the way back to the ship after seeing the train and with DH not feeling well, at that time we wished we had booked the train excursion. Then he could have relaxed on the train and we could have enjoyed what I understand is spectacular scenery. Maybe next time.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

OK yes, I wish this house on the cliff was mine.

enhance

Back to the Bliss!

enhance

Back on the ship DH went to take a nap and I went back out to The Waterfront. Guess how many people were out there with me? Yep, that’s right. Zero (I see a pattern forming here).

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Radiance of the Seas says goodbye to Skagway.

enhance

Later that day before we left Skagway we went to watch Wyland do some live painting in the Atrium. He is so talented and it was fun to watch him paint! He also loves blues music and had that blasting while he was painting. Such a treat to have Wyland onboard. He was of course also selling some of his paintings at the art auctions. Thank you for painting such a beautiful hull on the Bliss, Wyland!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Our third and final SDP was at Los Lobos. We chose to eat outside.

enhance

We had the Queso Fundido appetizer which is a cheese fondue with sausage.

enhance

How about this view while drinking a margarita?

enhance

I had the Stuffed Poblano.

enhance

This corn was really good too.

enhance

For dessert I had the Tres Leches Cake (coconut cream). The waiter said this was their most popular dessert.

enhance

We were not in a hurry to leave the dinner table. The view was incredible.

enhance

enhance

enhance

But we did eventually go back to our cabin.

Goodnight from somewhere south of Skagway.

enhance

enhance

That's my installment for tonight. Will hopefully have time to do more tomorrow night.

Thanks, Motegi. We too loved the Bliss and are already in the planning stages of another Bliss cruise. Looking at a Mexican Riviera cruise next year in October 2019.

Glad you had a great time too.

We are doing the Bliss in February 2019 and then the Mexican Riviera the last week of October 2019! Halloween should be fun on the Bliss right?

Outstanding post of your Bliss trip to Alaska !

We moved to Seattle in 2011 from Tampa Florida.

We quickly realized that the West Coast was where old ships went to live out their last days.

I hoped and hoped we would get a state of the art ship ANYWHERE on the West Coast.

Bliss is our dream come true and with the widening of the Panama Canal I'm certain more will follow.

We are booked for a B2B in October on Bliss.... can't wait :)