Police-Fire-Emt's 9-1-1 Cruise

TinaB

In '03 we did a Cruise Critic "9-1-1 Lights and Sirens" group cruise. It consisted of police officers, firemen, EMTs, nurses, etc. along with their families and friends - and anyone else that wanted to sail with us. We had a great time.

Looking into the fall of '07 for another one. Anyone interested?

• 4 months later...

I think that would be awesome time. Currently in the Academy for JSO in Jacksonville, FL. Begin Field Training next month and patrols (alone) in January 07. Would enjoy being able to socialize with fellow officers. Please keep me in the loop.:)

Cop's wife here ~ we'd be interested in doing a 4-day. DH and I were just talking about a shorter cruise for just us two. We just booked the NCL Dawn for June of 07 with the kids (4 and 9) and we'd like to get away just the 2 of us sometime after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy the Dawn. I have no doubt it will be after that before I have any time away. These are the best vacations I can think of! What department does your husband serve with? 15 Days and the Acadamy is complete! Then on to Orientation.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the dealyed reply: busy, busy, busy. He's with the Maryland National Park Police. Next March will be 30 years on!!! He'll likely retire not long after that. Congratulations on the academy!!! What agency?

Oh, and we've been on the Dawn before. We took the kids last summer and loved it. That's why we're going abck again :)

Carnival Inspiration....4 day to cozumel 2006.....we already have about 82 fire, police and EMT's onboard so far......if this goes well...we plan to do a bigger better one next year!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Count 2 in from NC. I will keep checking for updates. DH is Vol Firefighter. Our last cruise on the Maasdam gave firefighter discounts. As far as I know only HAL, Costa and MSC have special rates for community service workers. I think all cruise lines should honor these people.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Fall of 07? Hmmm. I was hoping for Spring 2008.

Although having 82 911ers would be great. Us wives would have lots of time together while the men talked shop.

I am assuming red serge would be appropriate? Or other dress uniforms depending on Fire/paramedic...

Keep us updated!

Elaine

By red serge, I'm assuming your husband is a mountie? Mine as well. I still watch the board to see what is happening with an upcoming cruise! Would be great fun!!! We leave this coming sunday on a family cruise on the Norw. Jewel, with our 4 kids, my parents and grandparents!! We will be ready for a cruise "just us" in the next year!!!

Leah B

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are doing the Mexican Riviera March 31/08 if anyone wants to join us! We are leaving the serge at home. We wanted to do the Caribbean again, but that flight to Miami was so long! It's just a 4 hour or so flight to LA from here, which is great!

Come with us!

Elaine

Elaine! A day too late........tee hee.....we just yesterday booked a western caribbean cruise on the Norw. Sun for Jan 5/2008, we are leaving the serge at home too, but always up for company as well!!!!

The flight is a long one from B.C. to florida but without kids this time, it will be MUCH easier!!!

We are excited to have a cruise in our future again! What cruise line are you going on??

Browniegirl

Archived