Any way to tell?

Jme4166

I am trying to figure out how I can tell if our stateroom on the bliss has the bed closest to the balcony or the couch?! Any tips on finding out? I called NCL a handful of times and they say there is no way to tell.

The only way to tell:

*If past cruisers post pictures or info about the cabin that they were in after their cruise (on here or any of those review sites)

*Heard that it is similar to the Escape format?

The couch area - heard that this is a separate area with TV, mirror and closet.

I was able to find more info about a cabin when using Google.

Good luck!

I am trying to figure out how I can tell if our stateroom on the bliss has the bed closest to the balcony or the couch?! Any tips on finding out? I called NCL a handful of times and they say there is no way to tell.

Just curious, why does it matter?

It matters because with 3 of us in the cabin I am an early riser so being able to make a coffee and go out to the balcony without bumping into the sofa bed and possibly waking our son.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, I am in the same situation. I have tried to find out where the bed is because our adult son is coming on the cruise with us, and I am betting that he will be coming in later than we are. And also because I'd like to be near the balcony! But so far, no one has mentioned that they have been in my exact room (Escape 15156, in case anyone knows it!). Oh well, we will deal with it however it is. Knowing ahead won't change it, and we aren't changing our room. Anyway, good luck to you, and I hope you find out soon.

Posters on here with a lot of experience have posted that if you look at the deck plans and your cabin has the + sign, that means they sleep 4, i.e., the bed is by the balcony. Now, as some have posted here, some of those that sleep 3 can be either so for those, I don't know how to tell.

OP, I am in the same situation. I have tried to find out where the bed is because our adult son is coming on the cruise with us, and I am betting that he will be coming in later than we are. And also because I'd like to be near the balcony! But so far, no one has mentioned that they have been in my exact room (Escape 15156, in case anyone knows it!). Oh well, we will deal with it however it is. Knowing ahead won't change it, and we aren't changing our room. Anyway, good luck to you, and I hope you find out soon.

Looks like it is sleeps 3 so could be either. I did find this. Hope it helps.

https://***************/ship/norwegian-escape/cabin/15156

HMM looks like you are in luck!

https://www.icruise.com/cabins/ncl-cruises-norwegian-escape-cabin-15156.html

Edited by Qwenya

Thank you everyone for your help. We are in 13286 and 13284 one sleeps 3 and the other sleeps 3. So I guess we will find out when we board.

Thank you everyone for your help. We are in 13286 and 13284 one sleeps 3 and the other sleeps 3. So I guess we will find out when we board.

I *think* if they are side by side like that, someone posted they are one with bed by balcony and the next door room is inverted. Good luck!

PS My deck plan for the Bliss shows 13284 with the + sign meaning it sleeps 4 and has the bed by the balcony.

https://www.wmphvacations.com/c/cruise-ships-deckplans-cabin-detail-PopUp.php?Cabin=15156&DeckID=4638&WMPHShipCode=476&CatCode=B9

NCL Escape 15156, the layout might change.

But by looking at that site/photo - it seem to be near the balcony.

And a past cruiser post about the room: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52509933&postcount=4

NCL Escape 13284

Well that would be a bummer. I have an even number cabin for my May Alaska cruise and prefer the couch by the balcony door[emoji2][emoji1303]

LoL I have an even number for my July 7 Alaska cruise and it would be a bummer for me for the couch to be by the balcony door. Fortunately, on the deck plan, mine is a "sleeps 4" with the + sign so I know the bed is by the balcony.

It matters because with 3 of us in the cabin I am an early riser so being able to make a coffee and go out to the balcony without bumping into the sofa bed and possibly waking our son.

Try getting your son his own inside stateroom. You will also have privacy and problem solved!

LoL I have an even number for my July 7 Alaska cruise and it would be a bummer for me for the couch to be by the balcony door. Fortunately, on the deck plan, mine is a "sleeps 4" with the + sign so I know the bed is by the balcony.

So all the sleeps 4 have bed by the balcony?

I read somewhere that the even number cabins have bed by bathrooms and odds are by balcony door

No, that’s not accurate. On our floor, 14,the even numbered rooms were next to each other but the room layouts alternated. We had a mini suit with the bed by the bathroom. It worked out well, because we did sit on the couch to warm up when using the balcony to watch for whales, seals and eagles.

Unless the son is a minor.

Technical issue - - -

For the record Minor son is in cabin with adult - but however sleeps/occupies in the one that the adult solo would occupy.

As for the key cards to either or both cabins - NCL can issue a fix for that - no change in the onboard accounting.

Technical issue - - -

For the record Minor son is in cabin with adult - but however sleeps/occupies in the one that the adult solo would occupy.

As for the key cards to either or both cabins - NCL can issue a fix for that - no change in the onboard accounting.

Why go to all that trouble and expense to split a family? OP, if your son is a minor or even an adult, the couch bed does not pull out and is more like a daybed. Take a small flashlight and make your coffee and slip out on the balcony. Plenty of room to maneuver and not awaken the couch sleeper.

I plan to bring a nightlight to plug into the outlet by the coffeemaker and keep a small flashlight on my lanyard. Set up coffee to just press a button as soon as you get up.

Edited by Qwenya

Thank You everyone for your feedback. I guess we will wait until we board The Bliss to find out. Either was we will have an amazing cruise for sure !