Adding a better promo after booking?

We just booked the Breakaway over Christmas, and got the UBP from Free at Sea. For our Christmas cruise last year, we got the UBP and some OBC. If an OBC promo becomes available for our sailing before final payment date, is it possible to have the new promo added to our booking? I've read some old threads and it sounds like this might be possible. Does it matter if we've already paid in full?

On a related note, does anyone have any idea how likely it would be to get an OBC offer for a Christmas sailing? Did we just get lucky last year?

You can reprice your cruise before final payment date and you get everything that is currently offered as a promo at the current price. Could be a deal, could be worse.

Don't know how having already paid in full is handled as I only pay my deposit until final payment is due.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You can absolutely have your cruise re-priced to have better promotions applied but understand that if the rate has increased, you are on the hook for that increase in price.

I just did this with my Escape cruise over the weekend as they are currently offering take all 5 and more obc than the promo I had booked under. My base fare did go up by $40 but it was well worth it for the additional obc and extra perks.

As far as I'm aware, it would make no difference if you have paid in full or not as long as it's before the final payment date when the cancellation charges would apply.

I booked my Epic cruise with 3 & 4 passengers free and the UBP with $1 deposits. A couple of weeks later they ran the port fees and taxes for free. I called and it reduced my final payment over $100. The deposits at that point were $50 so I had to pay $98 but that also reduced my final payment.

We just booked the Breakaway over Christmas, and got the UBP from Free at Sea. For our Christmas cruise last year, we got the UBP and some OBC. If an OBC promo becomes available for our sailing before final payment date, is it possible to have the new promo added to our booking? I've read some old threads and it sounds like this might be possible. Does it matter if we've already paid in full?

On a related note, does anyone have any idea how likely it would be to get an OBC offer for a Christmas sailing? Did we just get lucky last year?

You can change your perks to any that existed at the time of booking. If they offer a different perk that you want , you have to pay the then going fare to get that perk. It is generally not worth it.

IMO OBC at a holiday sailing is rare.