Sign and sail cards in mailboxes

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does this new procedure eliminate the check-in line completely, so that you now go straight from security to boarding? Or do you still have to go through the check-in line after security, and you just don't get your sail and sign card when you check in?

You only bypass the second line if you have cometwly checked in. You will need to go the second li e if you are a cash account. You will have to go to the second line if the 1st agent can't check you in for whatever reason. Just an fyi.

You only bypass the second line if you have cometwly checked in. You will need to go the second li e if you are a cash account. You will have to go to the second line if the 1st agent can't check you in for whatever reason. Just an fyi.

I always do a cash account and have never went to the other line because I had Cruise Cash already on my account. They tried to tell me I needed to but I knew better. The alternative to that is to visit Guest Services when you get on the ship. So while they tell you you need to stop, they can't make you.

I always do a cash account and have never went to the other line because I had Cruise Cash already on my account. They tried to tell me I needed to but I knew better. The alternative to that is to visit Guest Services when you get on the ship. So while they tell you you need to stop, they can't make you.

Try it in Galveston next time you visit. You will go the second line because your boarding pass will be highlighted where it says cash account by the person downstairs that checks you in. At the top of the escalator they will send you to the left. The three people standing there will direct you straight ahead to port guest services because of that highlight Give them whatever ex use you want and sneak over to sea entry and that highlight, without the "carnival Check mark" stamped on it will get you sent right back.

Oh, and Galveston ships no longer take cash onboard the first day at guest services, you would need to use the kiosk.

I have sailed out of Galveston too many times to count. I know their processes and know when they change them.

Try it in Galveston next time you visit. You will go the second line because your boarding pass will be highlighted where it says cash account by the person downstairs that checks you in. At the top of the escalator they will send you to the left. The three people standing there will direct you straight ahead to port guest services because of that highlight Give them whatever ex use you want and sneak over to sea entry and that highlight, without the "carnival Check mark" stamped on it will get you sent right back.

Oh, and Galveston ships no longer take cash onboard the first day at guest services, you would need to use the kiosk.

I have sailed out of Galveston too many times to count. I know their processes and know when they change them.

I don’t plan on ever going out of Galveston, but if I did I sure as hell wouldn’t be waiting in a line for no reason. If I already have more than enough Cruise Cash on my account and aren’t giving them any cash what is the point? I would get up to the counter, tell them they’re not getting a dime from me and then go to the Captain’s Lounge?

I don’t plan on ever going out of Galveston, but if I did I sure as hell wouldn’t be waiting in a line for no reason. If I already have more than enough Cruise Cash on my account and aren’t giving them any cash what is the point? I would get up to the counter, tell them they’re not getting a dime from me and then go to the Captain’s Lounge?

Yep, exactly. You don't even have to put cash on your account once you get to the agent, that's the ridiculous part as you already know

Before printing boarding passes, one could put a card on file, print the boarding pass as being complete and a non cash account, and then just delete that credit card account and make it a cash account again. Take the non cash account boarding pass to terminal and no hassle.

Foreign passports are almost always sent to the second line too, so a supervisor can review. In this case they highlight the name.

If the name doesn't match exactly second line for you.

And if you are incomplete, you didn't fill out all your info... Second line too.

When's your next cruise?

Yep, exactly. You don't even have to put cash on your account once you get to the agent, that's the ridiculous part as you already know

Before printing boarding passes, one could put a card on file, print the boarding pass as being complete and a non cash account, and then just delete that credit card account and make it a cash account again. Take the non cash account boarding pass to terminal and no hassle.

Foreign passports are almost always sent to the second line too, so a supervisor can review. In this case they highlight the name.

If the name doesn't match exactly second line for you.

And if you are incomplete, you didn't fill out all your info... Second line too.

When's your next cruise?

Good idea about the account set up and then switching. That all sounds ridiculous. The lady at Miami tried telling me I needed to go to the second line when she checked me in. I told her I already had money on my account. She acted like she didn’t know what I was talking about when I tried to explain it to her so I finally said yeah, OK. When I got upstairs they didn’t even look for that part, just that I was Priority and directed me to the lounge. So if they tried that with me in Galveston, I wouldn’t be happy and doubt I would keep my mouth shut lol.

Nothing planned on Carnival and I’m not even looking honestly. Have Edge booked for January but unless I can find a cabin mate I’ll have to cancel. That would be a shame because I got a really good deal and am looking forward to going back on Celebrity.

Good idea about the account set up and then switching. That all sounds ridiculous. The lady at Miami tried telling me I needed to go to the second line when she checked me in. I told her I already had money on my account. She acted like she didn’t know what I was talking about when I tried to explain it to her so I finally said yeah, OK. When I got upstairs they didn’t even look for that part, just that I was Priority and directed me to the lounge. So if they tried that with me in Galveston, I wouldn’t be happy and doubt I would keep my mouth shut lol.

Nothing planned on Carnival and I’m not even looking honestly. Have Edge booked for January but unless I can find a cabin mate I’ll have to cancel. That would be a shame because I got a really good deal and am looking forward to going back on Celebrity.

Hopefully a cabin mate will come forward for you to go! I have 2 Panama canals coming up in October and January that I'm looking forward to the most, with also a week in November and in December for fun.

I have only been out of Galveston, looking forward to some new experiences from Florida and California next year though.

Hopefully a cabin mate will come forward for you to go! I have 2 Panama canals coming up in October and January that I'm looking forward to the most, with also a week in November and in December for fun.

I have only been out of Galveston, looking forward to some new experiences from Florida and California next year though.

I’m hoping too. We’ll see.

Wow you sure will be busy! Have fun! I think you will like going out of different ports. I actually love Miami. To see all the ships docked in the morning when I stay at the Intercontinental is quite a sight! Then you go over the bridge or through the tunnel and you’re right there. I still get excited no matter how many times I’ve been.

I’m hoping too. We’ll see.

Wow you sure will be busy! Have fun! I think you will like going out of different ports. I actually love Miami. To see all the ships docked in the morning when I stay at the Intercontinental is quite a sight! Then you go over the bridge or through the tunnel and you’re right there. I still get excited no matter how many times I’ve been.

Thanks! I am looking forward to it and will surely be here searching for tips when it's time.

They didn't say anything to us last month. All four of us had cash accounts with $100 Cruise Cash on each. He just sent us straight to the lounge and didn't say a word about onboard expenses.

Looking for a cabin mate? Are you buying? ;):D

They didn't say anything to us last month. All four of us had cash accounts with $100 Cruise Cash on each. He just sent us straight to the lounge and didn't say a word about onboard expenses.

Looking for a cabin mate? Are you buying? ;):D

Hahahahaha. Heck no! I can’t afford that [emoji39]. If I wanted to pay for 2 I would just go by myself. At least Celebrity takes care of their solo cruisers by giving them double Captain’s Club points unlike Carnival. Why, you want to escape from the fam for a week? 🤣