Sign and sail cards in mailboxes

This is why I love Cruise Critic. In the span of three posts we've gotten "No sorry, that is not a suite perk" and "Yes suite guests are up there with FTTF". Let the argument begin.

I'll start: my last suite was in 2015 - we got priority boarding, but not priority cabin access.

If you are in a suite you get priority boarding along with diamonds, platinums and FTTF.

Suite guests DO NOT get early cabin access. So even though you board early you will still be waiting with the masses till 1:30.

We are booked into a Grand Suite and I also purchased a Faster To The Fun pass just so we can get into our room early to get rid of our luggage since we carry on. I thoroughly researched this exact scenario because I kept hearing different answers regarding early cabin access for Suite guest. But it isn’t listed as a perk for suites, the carnival rep said it was not a perk, and enough people who booked suites told me they also purchased FTTF so they could get in room early so based on all that information, I would say you will also need FTTF to gain early access to your suite room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are in a suite you get priority boarding along with diamonds, platinums and FTTF.

Suite guests DO NOT get early cabin access. So even though you board early you will still be waiting with the masses till 1:30.

We are booked into a Grand Suite and I also purchased a Faster To The Fun pass just so we can get into our room early to get rid of our luggage since we carry on. I thoroughly researched this exact scenario because I kept hearing different answers regarding early cabin access for Suite guest. But it isn’t listed as a perk for suites, the carnival rep said it was not a perk, and enough people who booked suites told me they also purchased FTTF so they could get in room early so based on all that information, I would say you will also need FTTF to gain early access to your suite room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like your thorough answer ;). I misspoke....I had fttf. ;)

This is our first platinum cruise and first time in a suite. We were looking forward to the embarkation perks. But, we are traveling with a gold level couple. Oh well, at least we'll have a good time with them standing in line. And, we'll probably get to our room about the same time as everyone else (that doesn't have priority). We've done it on all the prior cruises and still had plenty of time on the ship.

Maybe next time.

Then how would you open your door?

That may be part of why not all ships have this system. Carnival Sunshine did not have mailboxes when I sailed on her last year (although it would be interesting to see if that changes in the October dry dock).

As far as I could tell from looking online:

Fantasy class - has mailboxes

Sunshine - no mailboxes

Triumph - no mailboxes

Victory - has mailboxes

Spirit Class - has mailboxes

Conquest Class - has mailboxes

Splendor - has mailboxes

Dream class - has mailboxes

Vista class - has mailboxes

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

That may be part of why not all ships have this system. Carnival Sunshine did not have mailboxes when I sailed on her last year (although it would be interesting to see if that changes in the October dry dock).

Sunshine - no mailboxes

Triumph - no mailboxes

Victory - has mailboxes

Splendor - has mailboxes

Inspiration and Imagination (Fantasy Class) now have flat, square room number markers on the wall next to the Cabin doors. They are placed about an inch from the wall. Most notices and other paperwork are placed behind these.

Inspiration and Imagination (Fantasy Class) now have flat, square room number markers on the wall next to the Cabin doors. They are placed about an inch from the wall. Most notices and other paperwork are placed behind these.

Same on the Sensation

Sunshine - no mailboxes

Triumph - no mailboxes

Victory - has mailboxes

Splendor - has mailboxes

We were on Sunshine in May...still no mailboxes...BUT!! Our S&S cards we perched atop the room number marker outside the door after we checked in. Fastest Carnival check-in/boarding we've had to date.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does this new procedure eliminate the check-in line completely, so that you now go straight from security to boarding? Or do you still have to go through the check-in line after security, and you just don't get your sail and sign card when you check in?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does this new procedure eliminate the check-in line completely, so that you now go straight from security to boarding? Or do you still have to go through the check-in line after security, and you just don't get your sail and sign card when you check in?

You bypass the second line. So upon entering the terminal you show your ID, they use a little hand held thing to log it in, then you go through security. From there right to the waiting area and then boarding when it's your turn. Super fast. If you need a pic they do it as you're about to step on to the gangway with an iPad when they scan your boarding pass.

Does anyone know if the Triumph has the new embarkation procedure with the card in the mailbox? We are cruising in Sept and was wondering.
Yes, although there are no real mailboxes on the Triumph. Your S&S card will be in a sealed envelope and tucked in the room number plaque on the outside of your door.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Yes, although there are no real mailboxes on the Triumph. Your S&S card will be in a sealed envelope and tucked in the room number plaque on the outside of your door.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the new procedure. We cruised last year on the Dream and it seems like it took us right at an hour to go from luggage drop off to finally boarding the ship. It helped we had a 2 year old in a stroller. They cut one of the lines short for us.

You bypass the second line. So upon entering the terminal you show your ID, they use a little hand held thing to log it in, then you go through security. From there right to the waiting area and then boarding when it's your turn. Super fast. If you need a pic they do it as you're about to step on to the gangway with an iPad when they scan your boarding pass.
Last month in Miami it was the other way around for us. Straight to security after getting inside, then to check-in where they scanned our boarding passes & passports. Then waiting area.

There's one small counter before weaving through the security line, but no one was there. Is that where they scanned your paperwork when you were there last?

Last month in Miami it was the other way around for us. Straight to security after getting inside, then to check-in where they scanned our boarding passes & passports. Then waiting area.

There's one small counter before weaving through the security line, but no one was there. Is that where they scanned your paperwork when you were there last?

Yes. As soon as you walk in there were little desks and then you got in line for security. There was no room for counters or anything after security as the escalators were just a short walk away. Maybe you were in the other terminal.

Yes. As soon as you walk in there were little desks and then you got in line for security. There was no room for counters or anything after security as the escalators were just a short walk away. Maybe you were in the other terminal.
Must have been. Terminal B according to Google. The security room was fairly small, then the check-in area was right next to that and it did have a line of counters. Plus additional staff at podiums checking people in to speed it up.

This was inside a separate entrance for priority passengers. General boarding went in another door to a different area.

Interesting thread , those asking if your cabin will be ready even if

you have FTTF or are Diamond or Platinum.

The truthful answer is it maybe..... You can enter the cabin ,but none the less there may be cleaning and other needs before its ready,

To much work load has stressed stewards to the point .