A Day Trip to Nevis with Lunch Thoughts??

Hey,

Just wanted to check and see if any RC Cruisers have done this tour, might be going to St Kitts and the only thing I want to see there is the Fort, So I though about this tour as It states that you get to see the Birthplace of Alex Hamilton, and the Bath Hotel....Love History:D….Just was curious how much time you get at The House and Museum.. or is it just a brief Stop at Both??

Thanks

Mike

I did a day thru RCCL over to Nevis about a year ago. The boat trip took about 45 minutes each way. We then got in mini-van cars that held about 10-12 people in each. We drove past the House but did not stop. We went to a couple of forts, etc. -- two of which had become very upscale hotels -- and walked around the grounds some. We then had lunch (very good) at a place right by the beach and had a couple of hours to go in the water.

I know that most on the tour thought that there was no need to go to two different hotel/fort places as they were similar in what you could see and do.

The beach was very nice. Better than the usual ones on St. Kitts.

I would ask at the Excursion Desk on the ship about the House and Museum before booking, maybe emphasizing that those places are of interest and import to you. They can then advise you if the current tour will do those stops, or not.

Enjoy Nevis. Beautiful island.

We did a private tour but didn't have time to stop for lunch because of the ferry schedule and sailing time. A good 15 min walk from the ship to the ferry. Really liked Nevis. Did the Hamilton stuff, Jewish cemetary, and some houses that are now hotels.

• 3 months later...
We did a private tour but didn't have time to stop for lunch because of the ferry schedule and sailing time. A good 15 min walk from the ship to the ferry. Really liked Nevis. Did the Hamilton stuff, Jewish cemetary, and some houses that are now hotels.

Who did you use for the private tour and were you happy, what would you change? We are not sit on beach people.