Which option in Belize

DiverDown67

My wife and I are both scuba divers, and likely will be diving at least one other time on this cruise in Cozumel, So, trying to decide if we should enjoy the diving in Belize as well, or go ashore and see some sites, possibly Mayan ruins. Any thoughts or suggestions? The time in port really does not allow for both.

I would dive, too. There isn’t much to do at the port area. If you do the ruins (once was more than enough for me) keep in mind that the travel time is significant. Since Belize is known for its beautiful diving/snorkeling, I wouldn’t pass up that chance.

Personally, I would do both the Cozumel wall, and the outer reef like Cay Caulker off the coast from Belize City. It's two different kinds of diving. Cozumel generally is drift diving, deep along a wall, and Belize offers an easier style of laid back shallow diving, amongst the coral. Both sites offer fantastic diving.

Personally, I would do both the Cozumel wall, and the outer reef like Cay Caulker off the coast from Belize City. It's two different kinds of diving. Cozumel generally is drift diving, deep along a wall, and Belize offers an easier style of laid back shallow diving, amongst the coral. Both sites offer fantastic diving.

I guess I have just gotten spoiled living in Florida and diving the Keys as well as many wrecks in the Gulf as well as the reefs on the east coast of Florida. We have most recently been cruise diving in Aruba, and dive with Liquid Blue in Cozumel every opportunity we get. I have read some reviews that Belize Blue Hole should not be missed, not an option on a cruise, but the reefs are nothing special that I have not already seen.

I guess I have just gotten spoiled living in Florida and diving the Keys as well as many wrecks in the Gulf as well as the reefs on the east coast of Florida. We have most recently been cruise diving in Aruba, and dive with Liquid Blue in Cozumel every opportunity we get. I have read some reviews that Belize Blue Hole should not be missed, not an option on a cruise, but the reefs are nothing special that I have not already seen.

I have to agree about the reef in Belize. While it is a very long reef, I find it to be underwhelming. It is however a better option than most of the land tours.