Escaping to Bermuda - June 2018 Trip Report!

tatibus0913

And I'm officially done. Thanks for reading along, I had a lot of fun posting! Time to start planning the next one! :cool:

Thank you so much!!! It was fun traveling along with you on this post!! What shall I look forward to now? I leave in 100 days on the Escape!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And I'm officially done. Thanks for reading along, I had a lot of fun posting! Time to start planning the next one! :cool:

Thank you for this recap... My husband and I are almost mirroring so much of your trip it seems (we sail 7/15 for our honeymoon)... We are taking the Amtrak from South Station, but on Sunday and heading right to the ship. We chose this sailing since we had already done the Boston sailing as well. I am still planning our return home,

Thank you for all the pics and menus and dailies.... you sound like a great couple to sail with!

Kathy

Thank you for this recap... My husband and I are almost mirroring so much of your trip it seems (we sail 7/15 for our honeymoon)... We are taking the Amtrak from South Station, but on Sunday and heading right to the ship. We chose this sailing since we had already done the Boston sailing as well. I am still planning our return home,

Thank you for all the pics and menus and dailies.... you sound like a great couple to sail with!

Kathy

Looking at booking a Bermuda cruise and would be interested in hearing the difference in a Boston sailing vs NY! Happy Honeymoon!!! ❤️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Prior to the cruise, I had made all of our dinner reservations online. This first evening was the only time that we’d be having dinner in the main dining room, so I picked the Manhattan Room with its live music. The music was great and added to the ambiance of the dining room.

Our appetizers were smoked mozzarella raviolis and shrimp cakes.

enhance

enhance

Entrees were steak medallions and chicken piccata.

enhance

enhance

Desserts were lava cake (my absolute favorite) and strawberry shortcake.

enhance

enhance

Overall, the food was good, with the exception of my steak medallions being overcooked. Service was great and it was a well paced meal. At the end of the meal, the server brought over vacation hero cards and asked us for our feedback. It was a little strange but it happened at a few different restaurants so maybe it’s something that they’re starting to do more. Regardless, the service was great so that was what we wrote!

Positive comments on Vacation Hero Cards can mean more to the crew, than a cash tip. These comments can lead to promotions for them.

Great review with a ton of useful information! Thanks!

Thank you Jessica for taking all this time to write the great review. Love your detailed description of everything.

You're very welcome, thanks for reading!!

Thank you so much!!! It was fun traveling along with you on this post!! What shall I look forward to now? I leave in 100 days on the Escape!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on the same sailing too! Can't wait!

Have a wonderful cruise!! Maybe I can fit in one of your suitcases ;p

Kathy

Congratulations! We like to have fun and on focus on the positive, especially on vacation!

We didn't mind the bus home, and there are more companies that end at South Station. We picked Go Buses because it went to Alewife Station in Cambridge. I would've preferred the train again but I couldn't get the train times to work.

Really enjoyed your review! Thanks for all the great info...will definitely come in handy for our trip in August!

Great review!!! I love the Escape and can't wait to get back on in 3 weeks!!!

Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful cruise!!

JESSICA TATIBUS - what was the jet ski cost per person?

It was $105 per person for 2 single jet skis. Since we went at 8:15am, we received the early bird rate. Regular rate is $125 a person for a single jet ski. You can do doubles, we just like to drive our own!

Looking at booking a Bermuda cruise and would be interested in hearing the difference in a Boston sailing vs NY! Happy Honeymoon!!! ❤️

We enjoyed both sailings but I liked leaving from NYC more because you were in Bermuda Wednesday-Friday. The Boston sailing arrives Sunday afternoon, and there's not a lot going on in Bermuda on Sundays. We also loved the Escape! The Boston cruises have had the Dawn, which we liked but it doesn't have as much to do on sea days. I believe next summer, the Gem will be sailing from Boston but I don't know much about that ship. Of course, Boston was a lot more convenient of a port for us! Either cruise will be amazing!