Calling all Spa Lovers

lvnurs9

Thanks! So now I'm wondering if Carnivals is a 1/2 spa or real one??

I would say Cloud 9 ships are real and other ships are 1/2. The Spa attendant told me they kept the Thellasso at 37 Celsius, which is a little under 100 degrees.

They don’t sell single passes before the cruise.

Actually, they do. We've already purchased a single pass for our 19 year old son, so he can join my husband and I, as we have a couples pass. If you go to the Salon & Spa Services page, on the left side where you can refine the services you should be able to check "Relaxation Areas" and have both the single and couples options pull up. At least, it does for our 7/21 sailing on the Magic.

I am all about the spa but their list prices are ridiculous. They key is to get one of the package deals on port days but there are some on sea days as well. Attend one of the short seminars "Ladies Pamper Party" and you get even better deals. Just be clear when you arrive that you are not interested in buying any products. Otherwise they will come in with a list of $700+ worth of products they are sure you need. It can be annoying but they are just doing their jobs and you may still get the list of products as a recommendation.

Spa pass is a must, purchased ahead of time with a 20% coupon code. ;) (Watch your inbox for Carnival promotional emails, as well as John Heald's facebook page for occasional promo codes.) That said, research your particular ship's spa beforehand to determine if it will be "worth it" for you, because they're not all created equal.

Bundles are only the best deal if you're looking to book early to "squeeze in" spa time around excursions and other activities. Otherwise, if spa time is a priority, I have found that prices don't get any better than port day specials booked on board (most often day-of). I always take advantage of one or two when we sail itineraries that we've done before and we're more about relaxing than sightseeing.

Also, if you book a full-price treatment for early in the cruise, you're bound to get an offer for specific discounted treatments, or a coupon for 20 or 30% off any full-price treatment, to use later in the cruise. I prefer using those discounts (which are roughly the same as when you bundle) because I don't like booking treatments way ahead of time. What I'm in the mood for while sitting at my computer weeks or months before I sail isn't necessarily what I'm in the mood for while I'm actually cruising. :)

The videos of the true spa’s hydropool look just like the Thelasso therapy pool on the Dream class. And it has side jets and shoulder jets. They’re so strong that you have to hold on for dear life while on the built in loungers. And it has deep water and is big. The Dream class thermal suites also has the heated marble beds, hot saunas, dry saunas, steam rooms, and a relaxation room just like the video shows for a real spa. And it’s not on an open deck for anyone to use and you have to pay extra for it like the video states. But the thermal suites on the Vista class ships aren’t real spa’s, they’re half spa’s. They don’t have a full Thelasso therapy pool, they switched to a regular jacuzzi. :(

Thank you!