Oberammergau - Tauck

bhambamacruiser

My family is scheduled to sail with Tauck for this first time this December on a Christmas Market cruise. We are looking forward to experiencing Tauck for the first time. We recently placed a refundable deposit on a 2020 Oberammergau Tauck cruise. I realize this event is only every 10 years, but has anyone used a river cruise in the past to see the Passion Play? My assumption is Tauck will provide a great experience, but curious if anyone has been to the Passion Play in Oberammergau using other tour operators. Thank you.

Hi, while I can't help you with specifics I just wanted to say my husband & I have done 9 of Tauck's land trips & we loved all of them. Tauck does an amazing job from start to finish (I assume their river cruises are run to the same high standards) and if this is your chance to see the Oberammergau then go for it! Hopefully someone else will jump in here & help you with more of the specifics. Enjoy you Christmas Market cruise too:)

I just finished a 12 day Tauck river cruise in France. Did a Live review on this site. I can answer Tauck river cruise questions but not for that event. There are very few “Tauckers” on CC for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do Uniworld and have cruised 4 times. Isn't Taulk much more expensive?

Tauck is not cheap and I don’t know how it compares to Uniworld. Tauck provides early entry and specialty visits to places like the Louvre and other museums, is fully inclusive - all drinks are included all day (not just wine and beer at dinner), and you stay in 5* places like the Savoy, Intercontinental, and the Ritz Carlton. First class all the way. If we were to try to schedule and pay for all that is included it would cost way more than they charge. I suppose it depends on how you like to travel and what you prefer. We researched various companies but liked what Tauck offered. We were very pleased beyond our expectations. Good luck choosing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 7 months later...

Hello,

Looking to go to Oberammergau for July 2020 by river cruise.  We attended in 2010 via bus tour and a church group.  The play and town is a once in a decade event.  We have never river cruised and were just wondering which cruise line would offer the most value for such a tour?  Can everyone share their experiences / advice with first time River cruisers?

In reading some of the posts apparently there is a lot of bussing and transfers in low/high water times so which month is less of that going to happen?  we would prefer to stay on one ship!