Purchasing wifi - one per family, or one per person - I'm confused!

Spike5556

We are a family of 5 and my three teenagers would like to purchase social wifi. Do you purchase the plan one per person?? Reading the descriptions of the plans online I thought only one person could use wifi at a time so I thought perhaps only one person in your group could purchase online services? It would be nice to text each other while onboard - would we each pay $5.00 for the Carnival app to be able to do this? Sorry but this is all a little confusing to me and it seems we will save money if purchased before we board. Thanks for your help!

Nothing is "per device". Everything is purchased (Wi-Fi and hub app both) by FOLIO. That said, each package purchased can log onto one device at a time.

So yes, if everyone in your group wants to chat simultaneously, you will need one package for each folio, and each person logs into their particular folio from any device they choose.

If your goal is for everyone to be able to communicate back home but not necessarily amongst each other on board, buy one package and take turns logging into it from whatever device you like.

But if one person has multiple devices, that person needs one plan, not one per device.

We always buy one value package that can only be used on one device at a time and then we both can use one device at a time, either the laptop or my cell phone or his phone. We log out of each device when done. If you forget to log out and then try to use a different device it will remind you and ask if you want the other device to be logged out.

We are a family of 5 and my three teenagers would like to purchase social wifi. Do you purchase the plan one per person?? Reading the descriptions of the plans online I thought only one person could use wifi at a time so I thought perhaps only one person in your group could purchase online services? It would be nice to text each other while onboard - would we each pay $5.00 for the Carnival app to be able to do this? Sorry but this is all a little confusing to me and it seems we will save money if purchased before we board. Thanks for your help!

Only one person at a time can use the internet, so you buy according to your needs!

Using the Hub app alone does not require you to purchase one of the wifi plans, it works without them. It's free to install and I highly recommend that you download it to your phones beforehand because slow wifi may prevent you from doing it once on board the ship. Nearly all of its features are free to use (deck plans, S&S account access, food venues/menus, weather, and more). The only thing that would cost is if you want to use the Hub app chat feature. That's $5 per device for the entire cruise. So anyone who wants to communicate using Hub chat would have to pay for it.

Otherwise, you can purchase one of the wifi plans and use a messaging app. The Social plan supports many of the popular messaging apps, like fb messenger, snapchat, & whatsapp. iMessage on iPhones isn't officially supported on the Social plan, but works (sometimes sporadically). The Value plan gets you a little more web access, like email and news sites, etc. and is meant to be a little faster. We found that iMessage worked pretty good on the Value plan. The Premium plan is full access and supposed to be the fastest. Wifi speeds will vary. Our service aboard the Glory a couple weeks ago was terrible.

Sorry OP for misreading your Q which is mostly about texting each other. I didn't help at all.

And just btw I totally agree that the more you pay for internet service does NOT mean that you will get better internet service.

It is very confusing!

So for the Wifi packages that is for that person to use. If you want more than one person to be able to use the internet at the same time, you would need more than one wifi package.

Or you can buy one wifi package and let Susie use if for a hour, then Johnnie for a hour, then you for a hour.

For $5.00 per device you can use the messaging app through the HUB App