Ultimate Balcony Dining....

time4sun

My husband and I have done the UBD dinner, and are thinking about doing the breakfast....have a couple of questions though.....

We are on an Alaska B2B cruise and are in a Club Class Mini-suite on the first leg and a regular Mini on the second. We would like to invite our friends on Glacier Bay Day to have breakfast on our balcony (second leg), do you feel there's enough space for the UBD, and the four of us? Would we need to purchase 2 packages or is there enough food for all four of us (we're not huge breakfast eaters), just thought it would be nice to have something special.

My husband and I have done the UBD dinner, and are thinking about doing the breakfast....have a couple of questions though.....

We are on an Alaska B2B cruise and are in a Club Class Mini-suite on the first leg and a regular Mini on the second. We would like to invite our friends on Glacier Bay Day to have breakfast on our balcony (second leg), do you feel there's enough space for the UBD, and the four of us? Would we need to purchase 2 packages or is there enough food for all four of us (we're not huge breakfast eaters), just thought it would be nice to have something special.

What ship? Royal? No (unless you're in the mid-ship area with the larger balconies). Most any other ship, yes.

The breakfast we had our one and only time had enough for 4, but there were items we didn't eat (since read on CC that it's possible to get different items than the standard menu) and we are light eaters (example: at dinner I eat most of the veggies, 1/2 the meat and 1/2 or less of a dessert).

BTW: aft balconies are usually bigger than standard balconies...if you can get one.

Also, once you get the food, if it doesn't look like enough, one of you could run up to the buffet and grab more.

We didn't bother with the UBD for breakfast when cruising through Milford Sound with DS and DBinL. Purchased a bottle of bubbles and brought onboard as one of our 'free wines' and then ordered off the standard breakfast menu, ordering 4 of the things we wanted. We were more than happy, and no wasted food, and didn't cost a cent!

We didn't bother with the UBD for breakfast when cruising through Milford Sound with DS and DBinL. Purchased a bottle of bubbles and brought onboard as one of our 'free wines' and then ordered off the standard breakfast menu, ordering 4 of the things we wanted. We were more than happy, and no wasted food, and didn't cost a cent!

I like that idea....thanks. :D