Best time to visit horseshoe bay?

anthonyjsey

I would love to know as well! We arrive late morning and have 2.5 days in port. I was thinking of getting up early on our 2nd day and going around 8:00 AM to hopefully have it not be so busy for a little while- anyone done this that can share how it is earlier in the morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the Escape and we did Horseshoe Bay on our last morning there after hearing how busy it was the other days. We were able to get a mini bus around 8:30am and spend a few hours at the beach and head back. There was still a good amount of people but not packed.

I've been there twice, both on 3 days stops. We went both our first day and second. By 11am it was pretty crowded both times. Going back in September and will grab a cab as soon as we walk off the ship right after the ships docks, if the weather is good

I would love to know as well! We arrive late morning and have 2.5 days in port. I was thinking of getting up early on our 2nd day and going around 8:00 AM to hopefully have it not be so busy for a little while- anyone done this that can share how it is earlier in the morning?

Leaving for Horseshoe before 9:00 am on any day is good. The key to a less crowded Horseshoe experience though is to walk from the west end of the beach to the east end of the beach away from the facilities. The crowd clumps near the facilities on the east end. If you rent a chair they will set it up for you on the east end. Photo below is my typical experience with crowds at Horseshoe setting up on the east end. Time stamp on the photo is 10:57 am.

da966e0e84288a5148d8cb1b1cac9810.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

Leaving for Horseshoe before 9:00 am on any day is good. The key to a less crowded Horseshoe experience though is to walk from the west end of the beach to the east end of the beach away from the facilities. The crowd clumps near the facilities on the east end. If you rent a chair they will set it up for you on the east end. Photo below is my typical experience with crowds at Horseshoe setting up on the east end.

Perfect!! Thank you!! What's your take on the adjacent beaches? Ie. Warwick, jobsons, somehow?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Perfect!! Thank you!! What's your take on the adjacent beaches? Ie. Warwick, jobsons, somehow?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Those are great and if you can do without a chair and umbrella, lay out on a towel or mat, they are perfect. Just don't forget to bring water. My old bones and skin can't take that anymore, I can't sit for long flat, so I take a walk from where the chair is in the photo to the adjacent beaches sometime during the day or start at Warwick and walk to Horseshoe. Between Warrwick and Horseshoe it is beautiful .

Exactly what we are doing on Wednesday

There are just two of us traveling on Celebrity Summit mid-August. Neither one of us is an early riser. Do you think there will be rental chairs and an umbrella available after lunch? I'm not picky on being right up front near the water. I understand I can reserve ahead of time. Would that be advisable?

Easy answer, pick a day where there are NO cruise ships in port. :D

Hence my ‘winter’ comment...🤪[emoji4][emoji1048][emoji1048][emoji1048][emoji1048]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Leaving for Horseshoe before 9:00 am on any day is good. The key to a less crowded Horseshoe experience though is to walk from the west end of the beach to the east end of the beach away from the facilities. The crowd clumps near the facilities on the east end. If you rent a chair they will set it up for you on the east end. Photo below is my typical experience with crowds at Horseshoe setting up on the east end. Time stamp on the photo is 10:57 am.

did you snorkel here? If so, best spot to snorkel?

did you snorkel here? If so, best spot to snorkel?

Horseshoe Bay is not the best beach to snorkel from although there is some action in what is called the baby beach cove, the cove near the facilities. Tobacco Bay in St.George’s and Church Bay on the south shore are the most recommended beaches for off the beach snorkeling.

Those are great and if you can do without a chair and umbrella, lay out on a towel or mat, they are perfect. Just don't forget to bring water. My old bones and skin can't take that anymore, I can't sit for long flat, so I take a walk from where the chair is in the photo to the adjacent beaches sometime during the day or start at Warwick and walk to Horseshoe. Between Warrwick and Horseshoe it is beautiful .

Have you found that your chairs, umbrella and beach stuff is safe and still there when you return from your walk to the other coves andbeaches?

Horseshoe Bay is not the best beach to snorkel from although there is some action in what is called the baby beach cove, the cove near the facilities. Tobacco Bay in St.George’s and Church Bay on the south shore are the most recommended beaches for off the beach snorkeling.

thanks for this recommendation!

Have you found that your chairs, umbrella and beach stuff is safe and still there when you return from your walk to the other coves andbeaches?

It has always been safe and still there. None has ever bothered my bag and towel that I left on the chair. I do have a waterproof plastic wallet which I stick in the zippered pocket of my swim trunks which contains my ID and the small amount of cash I take to the beach. I take that with me when I walk to other coves or beaches where I am out of sight. Bermuda beaches can lull you because no one is trying to hawk stuff on the beach, it’s not like a lot of what is encountered on Caribbean beaches but I don’t want to tempt fait.

It has always been safe and still there. None has ever bothered my bag and towel that I left on the chair. I do have a waterproof plastic wallet which I stick in the zippered pocket of my swim trunks which contains my ID and the small amount of cash I take to the beach. I take that with me when I walk to other coves or beaches where I am out of sight. Bermuda beaches can lull you because no one is trying to hawk stuff on the beach, it’s not like a lot of what is encountered on Caribbean beaches but I don’t want to tempt fait.

Thanks. Would you recommend going to Warwick Long Bay first and then walking the shore and beach trail to Horseshoe Bay and then getting chairs and an umbella?

Thanks. Would you recommend going to Warwick Long Bay first and then walking the shore and beach trail to Horseshoe Bay and then getting chairs and an umbella?

I personally prefer going to Warwick first. Ending the walk where there are facilities, a concession and easy transportation when ready to leave. Some have worried about chairs running out. That never happened to me but I left early for the beach. The concession wrote a letter that was posted earlier in the season that they had received more chairs and they claimed they would not run out of chairs and umbrellas.