Review of Boston/Bermuda June 16, 2018 - Part I

jode

Arrived at terminal at 11 am was on board having lunch at noon – not even priority boarding status! Our cabin was #202 on 9th deck . Close to elevators and stairs. The room was a modified handicap which we chose because of some mobility issues I have and didn’t think I would be able to climb into a tub in order to take a shower. This cabin had a walk in shower with a very small lip. The curtain was tricky and if you were not careful to have it completely inside the lip the floor outside the shower would get wet. Plenty of storage – drawers took getting used to – they were a push system and I am a “pull” kind of girl!

Balcony had two faux wicker seats with cushions and a small table and lounge chair – lovely.

Muster drill was at 3:15 for 4pm sailing. I met the handicap attendant by the elevators and took the elevator down to the lower deck – 6 I think for the drill. This is something that everyone dreads and I wish they could do it a better way. We were five deep by our lifeboat and after a few minutes it became muggy and people were feeling a little faint from the heat etc. It took probably about 20 min to go over everything once they were sure all were there and it was for me a long, hot crowded 20 min but it has to be done.

We had open seating for dinner each night-the first night we got our requested table for two and by luck it was at the stern of the boat right by the window. Lovely view of the ocean during dinner. As we left the dining room we asked the person at the front desk if we could have the same table the next night. He graciously gave us the same table, same time for the next night. We did this every night and it worked out perfectly for us.

We did the MDR twice for breakfast but other days used the Lido.

Arrived at terminal at 11 am was on board having lunch at noon – not even priority boarding status! Our cabin was #202 on 9th deck . Close to elevators and stairs. The room was a modified handicap which we chose because of some mobility issues I have and didn’t think I would be able to climb into a tub in order to take a shower. This cabin had a walk in shower with a very small lip. The curtain was tricky and if you were not careful to have it completely inside the lip the floor outside the shower would get wet. Plenty of storage – drawers took getting used to – they were a push system and I am a “pull” kind of girl!

Balcony had two faux wicker seats with cushions and a small table and lounge chair – lovely.

Muster drill was at 3:15 for 4pm sailing. I met the handicap attendant by the elevators and took the elevator down to the lower deck – 6 I think for the drill. This is something that everyone dreads and I wish they could do it a better way. We were five deep by our lifeboat and after a few minutes it became muggy and people were feeling a little faint from the heat etc. It took probably about 20 min to go over everything once they were sure all were there and it was for me a long, hot crowded 20 min but it has to be done.

We had open seating for dinner each night-the first night we got our requested table for two and by luck it was at the stern of the boat right by the window. Lovely view of the ocean during dinner. As we left the dining room we asked the person at the front desk if we could have the same table the next night. He graciously gave us the same table, same time for the next night. We did this every night and it worked out perfectly for us.

We did the MDR twice for breakfast but other days used the Lido.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Bob