Last minute packing change

jonyboy

Tomorrow we leave for our first ever trip to Alaska. After Denali we sail on Westerdam from Seward on Sunday. All the packing tips we've read the forecast has us confused. Looks like we may see some upper 70's or 80's next week. I've put aside some of my layers and plan to replace with more summer type clothing. I do understand there is a difference between 80 degrees in the city and 80 degrees on the water near a glacier. Does a short sleeve shirt with a fleece and lightweight rain jacket sound appropriate? Thanks

Tomorrow we leave for our first ever trip to Alaska. After Denali we sail on Westerdam from Seward on Sunday. All the packing tips we've read the forecast has us confused. Looks like we may see some upper 70's or 80's next week. I've put aside some of my layers and plan to replace with more summer type clothing. I do understand there is a difference between 80 degrees in the city and 80 degrees on the water near a glacier. Does a short sleeve shirt with a fleece and lightweight rain jacket sound appropriate? Thanks

We are in Alaska right now. When we arrived in Anchorage on June 20, it was 70 degrees. We had 70’s the next two days. The third night in Talkeetna it started to rain, by morning the temps dropped to 50’s by time we reached Seward. In Juneau, we took helicopter to Herbert Glacier where it was in 40’s. So, my advice is bring one set of warm clothes - just in case [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are in Alaska right now. When we arrived in Anchorage on June 20, it was 70 degrees. We had 70’s the next two days. The third night in Talkeetna it started to rain, by morning the temps dropped to 50’s by time we reached Seward. In Juneau, we took helicopter to Herbert Glacier where it was in 40’s. So, my advice is bring one set of warm clothes - just in case [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll still bring plenty of warm clothes, just not as many as originally planned. Thanks