What is the 1 thing you would like to see Carnival improve?

A&Jfamily

Better perks for repeat cruisers. Eighty days on RCCL gets you a four hour cocktail hour and hot snacks every day. You also get a $250-$325 balcony discount. The same on Carnival gets you ONE free drink at lunch ONCE😩

I'd like to see them reverse course, get away from trending toward mega ships, and get back to building ships the size of the Conquest class ships, with more public space and fewer passengers. I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd LOVE to cruise on a brand new Conquest class ship.
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] No you're not. We LOVE the Conquest Class Ships the best! They've got everything we need, at a great size.

[emoji924]️ Cruisin Trkrs [emoji597]

Oh wait I have another. Change the VIFP system to dollars spent that way if you have to pay more, you get more benefit and then they can combine it with their other lines. A day on Carnival may not equal a day on HAL...but a dollar on carnival equals a dollar on HAL.

Third vote for moving the comedy show to the larger theatre!

Curious what they would do for the shows that conflict with main shows...which are all but the 1 latest show each night on the cruises I’ve been on.

Something better than hasboro the game show for entertainment on the dancers night off. Fly on a magician, hypnotist, vantriloqiist...or just have comedy in the main lounge that night.

We've been on the Triumph, where they do (or at least did when we sailed on her) had a magic show..yawn. The adult burlesque show later on in the evening was OK. Not great, but not terrible either.

On the Spring Break cruise we did last year, they had a magician *trying* to teach a "how to do simple magic" class that I ended up walking out of because they over estimated how many people were going to show up and didn't have anywhere NEAR enough materials for everybody to use to try and do the magic tricks he was teaching. I know they've also tried to have craft classes..but the crafts were (IMO) not suitable for doing in the area (which on that ship, the Triumph, I think it was on) where they were trying do it. They offered 3 kits--one was tying balloons onto flipflops (they turned out rather ugly and uncomfortable), one was making a paracord bracelet (but the cord was too long and there weren't any scissors to cut it to length) and one was this thing using beads and string and a needle to try and make some sort of drink coaster. After 20-30 min of struggling to understand the instructions (which weren't clear) I swept all the beads back into the plastic bag they came out of, took them back to the room and put them into a Ziploc baggie. When I got home, I gave them to my mother (who makes beaded jewelry) and she was happy to have them. One pair of the flip flops we didn't tie balloons on to an I ended up wearing them off the ship when we were in Cozumel. I ended up wishing I hadn't because after 10 min or so, it felt like the bit where the strap was attached to the sole (near my ankle) was digging into the bottom of my foot and it was very painful. I ended up taking them off and carrying them and just walking barefoot. I was honestly surprised that when I sat on a bench and checked that there wasn't a cut in my foot from where it was digging in because that's what it felt like.

The one thing I always complain about in my Carnival reviews is the buffet. I would love to have a buffet with more options and better tasting food. It is the one area that is a constant disappointment to me on every Carnival Cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same. My son used to love cruising until a family cruise when he was 19. My other kids could still go to the youth clubs but he was too old and on the shy side. He won't cruise with us anymore :(.

I wish they would improve on the spa treatments, maybe contract with a new vendor. They were so much better when I started cruising about 13 years ago. In my opinion, many of the spa staff do not seem customer-focused and have sometimes been downright rude all while the prices have climbed higher. The treatments used to be much better on the ship than at my land spas but no longer. There also used to be good specials but I haven't seen those lately. The hard sell for product is a real turn-off too.

I do LOVE the OP's idea for a better experience for young adults very much too since I have a 20 year old daughter who used to be my cruise buddy but won't step foot on any ship now. :loudcry:

Same. My son used to love cruising until a family cruise when he was 19. My other kids could still go to the youth clubs but he was too old and on the shy side. He won't cruise with us anymore :(.

Yes. And their "trial" of the 18-20 yo get togethers that "no one attended" was a joke. We looked all week for something to be mentioned. We had been told by John Heald on FB that if there was a guest in that age range we would get a flyer in the cabin upon boarding. There wasn't one. DD went to guest services to get one. They said it would be in the Fun Times thingy. We scoured them every day. Nothing. When we went to the "ask the CD" show we asked why there hadn't been any activities. He said there was one on the first day, no one came so they didn't hold any more of them because "people weren't interested." Went back to the cabin and found the thing from the first day. Scheduled from 1-2 on boarding day. We hadn't been allowed into cabins until 1:30 that cruise.

momof3cruisers

Yes. And their "trial" of the 18-20 yo get togethers that "no one attended" was a joke. We had been told by John Heald on FB

He said there was one on the first day, no one came so they didn't hold any more of them because "people weren't interested."

Scheduled from 1-2 on boarding day. We hadn't been allowed into cabins until 1:30 that cruise.

This a fatal long term business mistake by Carnival. Instead of doing something more to cater to these future cruisers, they allow them to be bored and alienate them to the point that they have a negative experience and either don’t sail Carnival in future or don’t cruise at all

Yes they are likely there with parents that are the ones paying the bill for the trip. Yes you are making cutbacks and why spend money on a group of people that are there for free.

But they are potential future customers that Carnival is ignoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Better perks for repeat cruisers. Eighty days on RCCL gets you a four hour cocktail hour and hot snacks every day. You also get a $250-$325 balcony discount. The same on Carnival gets you ONE free drink at lunch ONCE😩

Incorrect. 80 days on Carnival (Platinum) gets you a free drinks and snacks party per cruise as well.

I'd like to see them reverse course, get away from trending toward mega ships, and get back to building ships the size of the Conquest class ships, with more public space and fewer passengers. I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd LOVE to cruise on a brand new Conquest class ship.

I'm with your minority group, Love the conquest class didn't like the Vista. My only fear if they do that they will put glass all around it like the Vista class