Should I spa cabin or not..... Need advice please!

LCTXcruiser

We originally booked an interior room with a window (walkway) and bought the couples package for the Breeze ($219). From what I read that gives unlimited access to the Thalassotherapy Pool and Saunas.

Now I notice that the interior rooms are available for right at the same price that we paid for the interior w/ a window. Not sure what the difference is in access to the spa.

This is our 15th cruise but the first time we're taking advantage of the spa. What would you suggest... window or spa interior?

Thanks in advance for the responses!!

There is no difference in access between having the spa room and buying the week pass.

The only difference with the room will be different color decor and bedding, thicker robes, slippers, yellow beach towel instead of blue, and little hotel size amenities in the bathroom. (You still get the same stuff in the shower, I think)

I always book the spa interior because I want the package and I prefer the higher decks. But, if you like your room location and having the window I would stay where you are. That is if I am reading it right and it is the same overall cost.

Edit: I forgot about the spa discounts that come with the room. So, if you would use them I would switch.

10% off 1st, 20% off 2nd, and 30% off your 3rd spa service. The discounts are only good on port days which is the main rea son we have never used them.

If you can switch to a spa interior for the same price and not having a window won't bother you, I would do it. Any spa room whether interior or balcony, etc comes with the same amenities so you could cancel your add on couples spa pass and save yourself $200+ while still enjoying all the spa perks!

We had our first spa balcony on the Horizon, and found we didn't utilize that area much after the first 3 days. The "mineral" pool was fairly small, there were only 8 heated loungers, and the temperature adjustments in the spa showers outside the steam rooms were wildly difficult to control. We did enjoy the aromatic sauna, and we remembered to get the exfoliation kit from the spa desk. Better shampoo and body wash as well as a softer more comfortable robe were in our cabin, but they were minor add ons.

Having the spa balcony did give us some hefty discounts on booking 3 different spa services, nice savings of 20, 30 and 40% or so.

I've heard that the Horizon spa was smaller than others on older ships, so maybe we might try one again since we never say never. The Horizon spa seemed to be just as crowded on port days as sea days, so we went to the serenity deck then, where they had some decent lunch offerings as well. A regular balcony would probably suit our needs, especially on an older ship that had open saunas and steam rooms.

Thank you all for your responses. I'm guessing we will probably stay in the same room since there's really no difference to moving to the Spa interior (other than a few sample size freebies). For all of you that are taking cruises soon, have fun!

We did enjoy the aromatic sauna, and we remembered to get the exfoliation kit from the spa desk.

What is the exfoliation kit? Is it included with the spa room?

It's a small loufa type pad and a jar of some body paste containing some "grit". You rub it on your skin to remove old or calloused cells and promote better circulation to the new skin cells.

It is included with the spa room. We printed out a list of the spa room perks, highlighted what we thought would interest us, and brought it with us so we didn't forget. This was okay, nothing special. Don't use it if you have sunburn or some other skin condition!

For me, it really depends on what 4J cabin you have - some of them are odd shaped.

Some are odd shaped good;

Some are odd shaped not-so-good.

If your 4J cabin has a couch, I'd keep that over a spa interior which will not (but that's my preference to have the sofa to sit on with the coffee table for my room service, or to use my laptop, etc. versus just a chair).

Definitely worth changing and getting your money back. The spa cabin hallways are much quieter than others, in regular cabins people like to carry on and make a lot of noise.....maybe I've just had bad neighbors?

As mentioned previously, you get discounts on spa services as well, but the discount won't apply to any port day or sea day specials they have.

We originally booked an interior room with a window (walkway) and bought the couples package for the Breeze ($219). From what I read that gives unlimited access to the Thalassotherapy Pool and Saunas.

Now I notice that the interior rooms are available for right at the same price that we paid for the interior w/ a window. Not sure what the difference is in access to the spa.

This is our 15th cruise but the first time we're taking advantage of the spa. What would you suggest... window or spa interior?

If you'd use the spa, yes, if not, then why bother!

What do you prefer.

It's a small loufa type pad and a jar of some body paste containing some "grit". You rub it on your skin to remove old or calloused cells and promote better circulation to the new skin cells.

It is included with the spa room. We printed out a list of the spa room perks, highlighted what we thought would interest us, and brought it with us so we didn't forget. This was okay, nothing special. Don't use it if you have sunburn or some other skin condition!

Thank you for the info!

If you are talking about the interior spa cabins Deck 12, then I say yes. Why? Because there are only 4 of those and they are orientated 90* compared to the standard interior rooms. Makes them feel much roomier (the closets are down their own little hallway). Plus there is hardly any foot traffic up there...so peaceful.