A question/concern about Star Princess Hawaii cruise

ronmar22

For those of you that have done the lei making class, how often is it offered? I'm sure it's quite popular, how soon should I plan to get there to get a seat?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm really looking forward to it.

Love, love the sea days! HI trip done several times and also several trans-Atlantic's. You can do as little or as much as you want or feel like. Day after day port visits are exhausting, so know why you are taking the trip....

For those of you that have done the lei making class, how often is it offered? I'm sure it's quite popular, how soon should I plan to get there to get a seat?

Are you talking about the live flower lei? They offer it on the way back from Hawaii and I think there were two days with two classes each day. I could be wrong and don't have my Patters any more. It was fun to do. They put in the Patter what time they hand out numbers and then the class is later in the day. On our cruise (November 2017) they had daily craft classes with crochet leis and the leis made with kukui (sp?) nuts.

Enjoy!

Are you talking about the live flower lei? They offer it on the way back from Hawaii and I think there were two days with two classes each day. I could be wrong and don't have my Patters any more. It was fun to do. They put in the Patter what time they hand out numbers and then the class is later in the day. On our cruise (November 2017) they had daily craft classes with crochet leis and the leis made with kukui (sp?) nuts.

Enjoy!

my notes tell me that it was in the patter where to line up in the morning (for me it was in vines) where you got a ticket with a time on it for your class. this was for the free orchid making lei. i think it was the same for the ribbon lei.

the other leis (crochet and nut) were done in the wheelhouse. you purchased the supplies there and they helped you to make it if you needed.

for the crochet, all i could do was a chain stitch and i watched other people and caught on really quickly. they turned out much nicer than they sound!

i'll have to attach a link as i have no idea how to attach a nice large photo...

lei.jpg.46bfbd3b11e360b9c967ba4a4a42bb29.jpg

Edited by cdngrl

We took this cruise on Grand Princess in 2015. We were curious as to how we’d like the consecutive sea days as are contemplating an ATW cruise or long segment of an ATW cruise down the road which have multiple sets of consecutive sea days. Our normal preference is a port intensive cruise with a few single sea days interspersed during the itinerary. I was fine sailing to Hawaii but was restless on the way back. Would love to have sailed over, visited the islands, stayed 3 days in Maui or Kauai, then flown home.

my notes tell me that it was in the patter where to line up in the morning (for me it was in vines) where you got a ticket with a time on it for your class. this was for the free orchid making lei. i think it was the same for the ribbon lei.

Can you pick up a ticket for someone else in addition to your own ticket? Or is it like tender tickets where everyone in your group must show up to get tickets.

Can you pick up a ticket for someone else in addition to your own ticket? Or is it like tender tickets where everyone in your group must show up to get tickets.

oh gosh, i'm sorry, i don't remember. i was on my own so didn't pay attention.

IIRC you only got one ticket per person. I could be wrong and maybe someone who has been more recently will answer. :)

We have also done this twice. On the first one, we liked it so much we started looking to see if wee could stay on and do it B2B. Found a room for the cruise, but unfortunately dog sitting, son in school, and a house in the middle of a remodel didn't get with the program.

I do not ever remember being board on any sea days. If anything, it seemed I didn't get enough reading time in at the end of the day.

IIRC you only got one ticket per person. I could be wrong and maybe someone who has been more recently will answer. :)

You are correct. Always see the information in the Patter, something like "entire party must be present for tickets"...unless they're not all doing the same things at the same time.

We did the Star to Hawaii in March. Enjoyed it very much, but Hawaii weather was uncharacteristically cool and cloudy. (This was before the volcano acted up.) I lived in Honolulu for many years, so I know it wasn't normal. Anyway, we had a great time relaxing. We do love the sea days. I do trivia, and I did the ukulele class. My wife knits and reads. We do some of the shows, and we enjoy the evening games (Yes/No, Not-so Newly-Wed, etc.) The are generally great fun.

Edited by HappyCruiserettu
Typo