Can anyone tell me why this happened?

pls5286

I need a handicapped room for several reasons, and now I have added a torn ACL, meniscus, and bone contusion to the list. Surgery most likely won't be until after the cruise due to diabetic issues.

I booked my room in November through the Special Access Desk and we discussed what I need. I was looking at shore excursions online for our cruise in Dec. and I noticed my room had changed. I called NCL and no one could tell me why I was booted. I finally got a supervisor on the phone and she actually called the person who was in the room now and asked them if they required an accessible room. They said no, they just wanted the bigger room. The supervisor swapped rooms with the person who booted us, and put us back in our original room and the other party in the balcony room we were moved to.

Why would we be moved if it was clearly marked that I needed the room. Does anyone have any clue?

No, I did not book a sail away cruise. I booked the room directly with Special Needs. I booked a balcony handicapped room.

The supervisor did not know why it happened and said I should not have been moved.

Is the accessible room a balcony? Perhaps they thought they were upgrading you.

I have learned thru CC to always get your reservation marked as Do Not Upgrade in the system if you have selected the cabin that you want.

Now it appears that I also should check my reservation weekly to make sure it hadn’t been messed with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No one here will know why it happened. How could anyone? We aren't going to know more than the supervisor to whom you spoke. Obviously someone screwed up, which happens in life some times since humans are fallible, and thankfully it got fixed. Enjoy your cruise! We've dealt with ACL and meniscus things ourselves, and I can't imagine that on top of other health issues. Glad you got your room back.

It seems if the supervisor didn't know why or how it happened, none of us would know either. The important thing is, you have your handicapped cabin back. Thanks for sharing this with us. It should make all of us aware that we need to pay close attention to our bookings. I would never have thought to check.

Is the accessible room a balcony? Perhaps they thought they were upgrading you.

I have learned thru CC to always get your reservation marked as Do Not Upgrade in the system if you have selected the cabin that you want.

Now it appears that I also should check my reservation weekly to make sure it hadn’t been messed with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called NCL to get my cabin marked Do not upgrade, and they told me no they didn’t do that and they won’t change my assigned room. So I check it often, because I know it happens.

Sent from my iPad using Forums