Mariner of the Seas - work conference

Just wondering if anyone out there has had the pleasure of attending a conference on RCL. We are lucky enough to have a 4 day cruise in November booked for a work conference. I do have a few questions if anyone can help?

1.We were not able to select actual rooms when booking - just a category. Anyone know if we will be assigned a room number prior to boarding and if so how far in advance?

2. I have not sailed on RCL (DCL several times). Does anyone know how the check in process works? What will I need to do and when? (I don't have an actual RCL reservation number to check online for anything)

3. Part of our package is a discounted drink package and prepaid tips. How do you use the drink package - is it indicated on your card somehow?

4. For tips - can you add extra cash if you want to? On DCL we do the vouchers (required tips) and usually add extra cash at the end of the trip.

5. I see where room service is mostly a cost but free breakfast. What do you usually tip for that and is cash ok?

Really looking forward to the trip. We will have limited time to see everything as we have meetings most of the day and group dinner (late dinner) to network. Anything I should make sure not to miss?

Thanks in advance.

If you don't have an actual RC booking number, there's not much you can do in advance. There's also no way to know when you will get your room assignment. It sounds like you are dealing with a travel agency, and if so, these would be questions for the agency.

For check-in, you present your ID documents, go through airport type security, go to the check-in counter and present your ID documents and credit card, get your SeaPass (room key and charging) card, and board the ship.

Drink packages are indicated on your SeaPass card.

You can always add extra cash for tips.

When you are booked thru someone else (your work), you are at their mercy.

Room service is about the only folks you need to tip in cash...$1-5, depending on how much they bring. The "free" room service breakfast is basically a "continental" breakfast....pastry/bread, coffee/tea....that's about it. Cold stuff. Otherwise, there is a fee for "hot" foods.

I run a conference on RC. The organizer does have to give them a rooming list prior to the sailing (our requirement is 60 days out, but I don't know if that's standard in every contract). Whether they will let you know your cabin number at that time, though, is a question for the organizer. For check-in, in the past we have done it for our attendees and mailed them the documents, but now we send them their booking numbers and they do it themselves online.