military discount on NCL?

titansluvr

P&O offers additional OBC for UK military and veterans with the Defence Discount card.

P &O offered 125.00 each on a 31 day cruise in a mini-suite. Unfortunately due to family reasons we had to cancel the cruise so they kept our deposit. Needless to say they won't be getting any more bookings from us so they've lost more than they would have gained. Back to Celebrity next time.

P &O offered 125.00 each on a 31 day cruise in a mini-suite. Unfortunately due to family reasons we had to cancel the cruise so they kept our deposit. Needless to say they won't be getting any more bookings from us so they've lost more than they would have gained. Back to Celebrity next time.
31 day cruise and no cancellation insurance?? Don't see why P&O is to blame for you canceling within a cancellation penalty window.....

31 day cruise and no cancellation insurance?? Don't see why P&O is to blame for you canceling within a cancellation penalty window.....

I'm not blaming them. The reason we cancelled was that we couldn't be away that long for family reasons. Non-insurable reasons. We were happy to rebook cruises to the same price (14000 pounds) but couldn't do it within the time frame they required.

Not sure what you are blaming P&O for here, do you really believe Celebrity or any other cruise line would have treated you differently here.

I have already said I was not blaming them. Read my previous post. We were willing to rebook but could not guarantee to travel within 12 months as they required.

Thanks to both of you -- we'll take a look :cool:
If you have the bank/insurance company's credit card you can apply your reward points directly to the the booking of a cruise when you use this company's travel department. We pay off our credit card every month to avoid interest charges and allow the points to accumulate. When we are ready to book a cruise we already have a discount ready to go.

At the top of this forum is a sticky announcing Encore sailing. Within the document is a link to Encore sailings. I clicked on Deals and was directed to a TA site with a link to promo offer for "Norwegian Cruise Line Salutes US and Canadian Soldiers." Click through the link and see the terms and conditions. I couldn't tell how much of a discount was being given.

Norwegian Cruise Line Salutes US and Canadian Soldiers

Norwegian Cruise Line

Norwegian Encore, 7 Days

Applicable Dates:Dec1 2019

Special Military Rates

Take advantage of Norwegian's Military Discount Cruises for active and retired military members.

is there one? thank you!

Our experience has been that all the so-called discounts work out to being equal on most of the lines - senior, military, etc. Occasionally there is a resident discount (we are close to FL) that beats the others (but often w stripped down perks). So far, most of the time their rate special is about equal to the discounts.