Lobster nights

thunter1224

Actually it was ALOT of lobster. Both huge claws and what seemed to be almost a whole tail just cut into pieces. It was very good.

I will say though, not sure why it seems like lobster is the holy grail. I mean you can go to any red lobster across the country and get basically the quality of lobster that you would have previously found on the ships. I even get lobster tails from Giant for $5 a 4ounce tail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s just an indication of cutting corners. I can get a lobster in the MDR on Disney Cruise Line, but I can’t get it in the Haven restaurant for a more expensive booking.

I think it still is on the Bayamo new menu on the Escape, though. Unfortunately the rest of the menu seems just so so.

I will say though, not sure why it seems like lobster is the holy grail. I mean you can go to any red lobster across the country and get basically the quality of lobster that you would have previously found on the ships. I even get lobster tails from Giant for $5 a 4ounce tail

Using that logic, why would NCL get rid of it? Hint: One of those tails, even at wholesale price, probably costs them more than any other entree on the menu in the MDR.

Using that logic, why would NCL get rid of it? Hint: One of those tails, even at wholesale price, probably costs them more than any other entree on the menu in the MDR.

I wasn’t saying that it’s not a cost saving measure. Just pointing out that’s it’s not like it’s anything especially gourmet.

LOL I get my lobster at Shoprite .. live at $6.00 per lb .. and I use the claw meat for Lobster Benedict.. :hearteyes:

Actually it was ALOT of lobster. Both huge claws and what seemed to be almost a whole tail just cut into pieces. It was very good.

• 4 months later...

Just got off the Bliss yesterday and had an amazing cruise.  But in response to the topic of this thread, there was no lobster on the entire ship.  Not even in the specialty restaurants or for an extra fee.  Don't know if it is just the Bliss or all the NCL fleet.

I was disappointed but I did not starve lol, plenty of good food.  However, my lobster on a cruise is the treat that I missed.

On 7/1/2018 at 7:00 PM, davesgirl51 said:

If you really want lobster take a New England/ Canada Cruise.

Exactly, and get the real thing while in port!  Living in New England, I don’t get the whole fascination with lobster either though.  Usually work visitors from out of town talk about getting lobster, but usually wind up ordering something else when it comes down to it.  Someone eating 25 lobsters is nothing to brag about and is likely because the lobsters served on ships are not true cold water lobsters and are tiny.  Give me a good steak over lobster any day.

• Like 1

Let them eat carbs.... Andy and Jorge have made new ncl policy. 

I miss Kevin and freestyle, and O Sheehans now called the "local". Really?

No more signature white hot party? Really?

875 seat theatre for 4992 paying guests. reservations needed and small

venues guarantee most can not attend. "Convenience fees". really?

16 elevators on the bliss for 4992 folks? really? I'm in a wheelchair and can not use stairs.

After the Bliss we are done with ncl, going back to rcl, carnival and princess. (Lobster 🙂 )

Time to tell andy and jorge good luck with your daily price increases and cheap hucktser

tactics making it a bad experience for non "Haven" folks. Surf and turf is shrimp? really?

Yes you will find lobster aplenty when these two sail, just not the riff raff like us who have spent

4k for a six nite cruise. Bon Voyage, hope your new ships have 10k guests and enjoy

the new freestyle experience. Bring your credit cards and check your accounts daily is our advice

to you. Cheap is as cheap does. Its always five O'clock on the ship.  :classic_cool:

• Thanks 1