Sailing on the Dawn was not what I expected.

Nashna

this is your opinion, others have opinions also, you are not wrong in your opinion as others aren't wrong in theirs - I have had a completely different experience then some I have seen you describe, that does not make me a NCL Cheerleader just someone who has a different experience

Incorrect. My comment was based on facts, not my opinion. There is a difference unless you are wearing rose colored cheer leading glasses.....

Once we were in NCL's control, things worked like a charm.

Nashna...I thoroughly enjoyed your review of the Dawn, as you looked at both the positive and negative elements of your cruise.

You presented an extremely well-detailed presentation of so many aspects of the cruise beginning with the moment of your arrival at the Mass Port parking facility.

We are considering a Quebec City cruise to either Boston or NYC, so your insight is greatly appreciated.

We have also taken a variety of cruises, but only twice aboard NCL.

Thank you for such a superb review ! Peter

Incorrect. My comment was based on facts, not my opinion. There is a difference unless you are wearing rose colored cheer leading glasses.....

There is not one thing you have ever posted that others have not had the exact opposite experience. While yours may have been fact at the time for you it is not the be all end all of facts.

We have sailed the Dawn too many times to count. Love sailing from Boston. The Dawn has been wonderful every time. No real complaints. The Gem is now coming to Boston and I am glad just to have a change.

There is not one thing you have ever posted that others have not had the exact opposite experience. While yours may have been fact at the time for you it is not the be all end all of facts.

No one thing huh? Your credibility drops to zero with that single comment. Carry on.

totally agree. In fact almost all the NCL ships have small balconies but at least they are big enough for the 2 chairs and a small table.I guess that is all we really need.

If you want a large balcony on a BA/BA Plus class NCL ship (large enough for a lounger), it can easily be done....if you book the right stateroom. ;)

If you want a large balcony on a BA/BA Plus class NCL ship (large enough for a lounger), it can easily be done....if you book the right stateroom. ;)

I have heard the aft balcony cabins have larger balconies and of course some of the pricier cabins have larger balconies but I am simply comparing size with other lines standard balconies. All you have to do is see them from your balcony while in port.

No one thing huh? Your credibility drops to zero with that single comment. Carry on.

so you think you are the only one with your experience and no one has any other experience? Wow, quite the ego. You know the saying "opinions are like .......... everyone has one"

When you have 10 percent of the population needing a GF diet, it makes sense to have the products on hand for every sailing. The blueberry muffins were frozen. The bread tasted like it was frozen. It's not like we were expecting the pastry chef to whip up special bread options just for him. They could easily be frozen to make it convenient for the cruise line. Other mass market cruise lines offer many more GF options.

10 percent need gluten free diet? We are just putty in Madison Avenue’s hands.

so you think you are the only one with your experience and no one has any other experience? Wow, quite the ego. You know the saying "opinions are like .......... everyone has one"

I think you are conflating opinions with facts intentionally to continue your tirade or are indeed very ignorant. Either way, you are not a very credible poster.

That's what I think.

I think you are conflating opinions with facts intentionally to continue your tirade or are indeed very ignorant. Either way, you are not a very credible poster.

That's what I think.

the fact that YOU say that about me gives me even more credence thanks so much

We’re taking out first NCL on the Sky to Cuba. We were really nervous based on our reading but your review made us feel better. I hope we also pleasantly surprised. Thx for writing, Nashna

Sent from my iPad using Forums

10 percent need gluten free diet? We are just putty in Madison Avenue’s hands.

My husband was hospitalized with total kidney failure. Once he was diagnosed with celiac disease and he stopped eating wheat,rye and barley, he immediately improved. A Gluten free diet saved his life. Perhaps this might be a fad diet for some, it was a life saver for him. Those statistics come from medical researchers...not Madison Avenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband was hospitalized with total kidney failure. Once he was diagnosed with celiac disease and he stopped eating wheat,rye and barley, he immediately improved. A Gluten free diet saved his life. Perhaps this might be a fad diet for some, it was a life saver for him. Those statistics come from medical researchers...not Madison Avenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of my best friends has Celiac. It is deadly serious! People are ignorant. There is a big difference between choosing to be gluten free and having Celiac. I hope your husband stays well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The doctor put my daughter on a gluten free diet when she was four years old. The next year, we celebrated her fifth birthday aboard the Gem. We had called ahead to inform them of her diet, and they were ready. When we came back from our shore excursion, there was a gluten-free birthday cake waiting in our room, just for her.

I know that for some, it's a fad, but I appreciate that the fad has introduced the need to be vigilant about the dietary needs of people who will truly get sick if they eat the wrong thing. NCL has been wonderful in that regard.