Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Condado Plaza lately

Cake4Crusin

Hi, I am a Hilton honors member and booked this hotel using points for our post cruise stay during December 6-8, 2018. Has anyone stayed there lately? Is this a good hotel?

I haven't stayed there recently, but while the hotel is currently open it is still undergoing post Hurricane Maria renovations and not all facilities may be available. They are not currently charging a resort fee, which is a reflection of reduced services or facilities, or the inconvenience of staying at a hotel undergoing renovation. Per their website, http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/puerto-rico/the-condado-plaza-hilton-SJUCOHH/index.html?WT.mc_id=zDMSE0PR1HI2NaturalSearch3GoogleMyBusiness4GMBL_Aug5GMBL6SJUCOHH7EN8i1 , they will start charging the resort fee on December 15, 2018, so renovations should be largely finished by the time of your stay Dec. 6 to 8.

We are considering staying here also...deciding between this place and Hyatt House. We're leaning toward the Hilton since it's on the beach. Renovations should be finished before our trip in May 2019.

Does anyone know if the rooms are being renovated?

Also, is it possible and safe to walk over the bridges to Old San Juan?

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, CruzinKristin said:

I'm staying here in March.   Do you know if transportation to the port is offered?  Thanks!

Hotels in San Juan don't offer transportation to the cruise ports. (There are two cruise ports in San Juan, Old San Juan and Pan American.) It's a relatively short and inexpensive trip to either via taxi or Uber.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone stayed here recently and can provide feedback on the general condition of the hotel and if the renovations are complete?  Trip Advisor still has some pretty nasty reviews so I am curious if I should switch to another hotel.  

I stayed there at the end of March.  There as a little bit of the hotel that was still under construction, but not enough to be extremely noticeable or annoying.  The pool, beach and grounds are all very nice.    We stayed in an ocean front balcony room and it was lovely.  I would definitely stay there again.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be staying here for two nights pre-cruise next month.  I hope to get some pics and will post comments when we get back.  I've read reviews posted on Trip Advisor and acknowledge everyone has different expectation for their stay.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...