Dominica and Dominica: Has anyone had their itinerary changed?

dongordon

Due to last year's devastating hurricanes, has anyone sailing this coming winter had their itinerary changed yet?

We are scheduled to go to Tortola and Dominica and were concerned if these two ports and others are still in play.

"My NCL" for my upcoming January 2019 Escape cruise is offering excursions to these two islands. Is that an indication that the itinerary is set?

Don:cool:

Due to last year's devastating hurricanes, has anyone sailing this coming winter had their itinerary changed yet?

We are scheduled to go to Tortola and Dominica and were concerned if these two ports and others are still in play.

"My NCL" for my upcoming January 2019 Escape cruise is offering excursions to these two islands. Is that an indication that the itinerary is set?

OOPS!!

Sorry...

Title should be "Dominca and Tortola";)

We are sailing in the fall, not winter, but our itinerary was changed. We were supposed to go to St. Thomas and also Tortola now we are doing western Caribbean again :(

What ship....early or late Fall?

How long is your cruise? Sometimes, it is easier to change islands on longer cruises that switch from eastern to western on shorter cruises.

I can see why you are disappointed...I would as well.

What ship....early or late Fall?

How long is your cruise? Sometimes, it is easier to change islands on longer cruises that switch from eastern to western on shorter cruises.

I can see why you are disappointed...I would as well.

Our cruise is 7 days and we are going in late September on the Getaway. We've done Cozumel and Costa Maya three years in a row. Ugh! Last year St Thomas and Tortola were on our itinerary, but understandably, Hurricanes Irma and Maria changed that. This year I thought we'd be good to go for eastern Caribbean, but a couple months after we booked, we got the e-mail stating that our sailing has been changed to a western route. Haven't been to Tortola since 2009 and it's been about 4 or 5 years since I've been to St. Thomas.

Tortola is making progress, and should be fine for a stop in six months, in fact many lines are stopping there now. Dominica is also accepting cruise ships. I would not expect an itinerary change.

I’m booked on the Escape in December. So far, they’ve dropped Puerto Rico, but we still have Dominica and St. Thomas. I will be very disappointed if they switch the itinerary to Western again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just curious....was Puerto Rico a full day port or do you arrive at 3:00 PM which is when we are scheduled to arrive on our 14 day Escape cruise?

I think at least some of this shuffling might not be simply because of the hurricanes. Dominica, St. Thomas, Tortola and Puerto Rico are all open to cruises. Martinique wasn't affected at all (we were there in November). And we were in St. Thomas on the Dawn the second week the port was re-opened on that same cruise.

I would guess that this ship movement has more to do with capacity at the ports than with hurricane damage. Some of that may be related to the hurricanes, but all of these ports are open for business.

Hmmm, I am booked for Dominica in November and we haven’t been changed yet. :confused:

NCL can be quite confusing. No idea why the changes to some ships and not others.

Our cruise had 8 ports of call. They wound up changing 5 of the 8.

This was our original itinerary:

Thu 06-Dec 9:00pm SHIP DEPARTS SAN JUAN

Fri 07-Dec AT SEA

Sat 08-Dec 8:00am Sat 08-Dec 5:00 pm ST. GEORGE'S, GRENADA, GRENADA

Sun 09-Dec 8:00am Sun 09-Dec 5:00 pm BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS

Mon 10-Dec 8:00am Mon 10-Dec 5:00 pm ST.LUCIA, SAINT LUCIA

Tue 11-Dec 8:00am Tue 11-Dec 5:00 pm FORT-DE-FRANCE, MARTINIQUE, MARTINIQUE

Wed 12-Dec 8:00am Wed 12-Dec 5:00 pm ROSEAU, DOMINICA

Thu 13-Dec 8:00am Thu 13-Dec 5:00 pm BASSETERRE, SAINT KITTS - NEVIS

Fri 14-Dec 8:00am Fri 14-Dec 5:00 pm ST. JOHN'S, ANTIGUA, ANTIGUA

Sat 15-Dec 8:00am Sat 15-Dec 5:00 pm TORTOLA, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS

Sun 16-Dec 5:30am SHIP ARRIVES AT SAN JUAN

This is the changed itinerary:

Day Cruise Ports Arrive Depart Thu San Juan, Puerto Rico (EMBARK) --- 9:00 pm Fri At Sea --- --- Sat Oranjestad, Aruba 8:00 am 6:00 pm Sun Willemstad, Curacao 8:00 am 6:00 pm Mon Kralendijk, Bonaire 7:00 am 2:00 pm Tue Castries, St. Lucia 1:00 pm 7:00 pm Wed Bridgetown, Barbados 8:00 am 4:00 pm Thu St. John's, Antigua 8:00 am 6:00 pm Fri Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 am 5:00 pm Sat St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 am 5:00 pm Sun San Juan, Puerto Rico (DISEMBARK) 5:30 am ---

I had Tortola BVI changed to St Thomas on my upcoming 11 day Southern Caribbean in Jan 2019 on the Dawn. I can live with it. Love Coki Beach St Thomas. Oddly enough, the same cruise leaving in the end of Jan 2019 is going to Tortola.