So, I got an e-mail from Holland America that my cabin was changed

ontheweb

OP here. To find the cabin we were now assigned, that is what the rep had us do except that first I was told to click on experience.

Now a confession---I actually knew the cabin number because I called my TA after I read the e-mail. Actually the e-mail in addition to telling me that the cabin assignment had changed also said TO CALL YOUR TRAVEL PROFESSIONAL.

Still it irked me that this information was not readily available on the HAL website when I went on it. And the comment by the rep that she could not comment on that when I said that there really should be an easier way to find the information says a whole lot about the way their website is not user friendly.

And thinking about it now, how hard would it have been to include the new cabin number in the e-mail instead of just saying your cabin has been changed?

The information is readily available on the HAL website if you had booked through a HAL PCC. Since you booked through a TA, both you and HAL are required to go through them.

The information is readily available on the HAL website if you had booked through a HAL PCC. Since you booked through a TA, both you and HAL are required to go through them.

I had a portion of a B2B cruise canceled and being I book through a TA she was the one who got all the information and then forwarded it to me. Then she was the one who had to make the new reservation for me. The good thing about going through a TA was that being I already had my flights she got HAL to pay for the change fee that I was charged for having to change my flights.

But back to the point of this thread, if you book through a TA everything has to be done by the TA. (that is HAL's policy as well as other cruise companies)

So, if y you knew the cabin numbefr, why go to all the b other you described here?

I wanted to confirm what my TA had told me. And there were other things (like excursions that I wanted to check out on their site.) And as I mentioned I had trouble using my password, which the rep said was a "known Issue". I also wanted to report this.

But back to the point of this thread, if you book through a TA everything has to be done by the TA. (that is HAL's policy as well as other cruise companies)

I once was given an upgrade that I did not want by Princess. I only found out by seeing it in my Princess personalizer. When I called my TA, he said he was never informed. (He later said that Princess said they had sent it to him by e-mail. So, either he missed it, Princess did not really send it, or most likely it just got lost in cyberspace.) I guess if Princess was like HAL, I would have never known until I got to the ship. I even might have given the porter the wrong cabin number and not received our luggage.)

You can find the information on HAL; it is just not easy. The rep lead me through it---click on experience, find and click on the ship, and then zoom on the deck that comes up. I think the rep's comment when I said there should be an easier way to do this that she could not really comment says a lot.

It's one thing that payments, etc. have to go through a TA when you use one, but it is totally another thing not to be able to tell you your cabin number when they send you an e-mail telling you your cabin has changed. (In fact why couldn't they tell me the new cabin # in the e-mail?) If everything has to go through the TA, why did they send me the e-mail instead of my TA?

Edited by ontheweb
correct typo