Kids Clubs 101 - Just off Harmony

2 rooms on Royal to sleep 5 is cheaper than 1 room on Royal to sleep 5. So if we priced our Royal in 1 room to sleep 5 it actually makes the price difference even closer when comparing the cost for a family of 5 on the Harmony vs the Fantasy.

I have never seen 2 rooms on Royal be cheaper than 1 room, nor would that make sense!

When I was doing my price comparisons, I did a balcony room for 4 on Fantasy vs a balcony room for 4 on Oasis, and Oasis was MUCH cheaper. I could have also booked 2 balcony rooms on Oasis for and still be considerably cheaper, and for slightly cheaper we were able to book Sky Class Crown Loft suite! Which is 100 times better than a balcony on Fantasy. As much as I love Disney I couldn't justify it :(

That is interesting. My kids have spent over a hundred days in the kids program and nursery and I had never encountered that. Did this new program have a name? We literally stalk the kids program for ATD as they are some of our favorite nights on a cruise.

That would be great if there are more options now. I have only seen Adventure time dining and My Family Time dining. What you are describing sounds similar to ATD except no reservations which is very convenient. Was there a kid limit like ATD? Did they have ATD as well or only the new system that didn’t require reservation. I wonder if this is a pilot program they are trialing as they are trying to compete with Disney in improved childcare options.

I can't post the exact picture from our "Kids Daily Planner" Harmony sailing March 2018 but here is what it says...and there was also a flyer posted at the Aquanauts check in counter giving the details.

"Adventure Dining"

Children who wish to stay with us for Adventure Dining will be taken to the Windjammer Marketplace.

Deck 16 for pizza, chicken nuggets & french fries. There is no charge for Kid's Dinner and the children will return to Adventure Ocean for activities when finished.

It was available every night (except the first night). There was no limit and the staff took as many kids that were there at the club by the 5:30pm cutoff time. We actually peeked into this closed off area one night and the kids and staff and the servers that were assigned to this were having a great time...so much laughter. It worked out so well for our grandson actually wanted to do it every night.

I have never seen 2 rooms on Royal be cheaper than 1 room, nor would that make sense!

When I was doing my price comparisons, I did a balcony room for 4 on Fantasy vs a balcony room for 4 on Oasis, and Oasis was MUCH cheaper. I could have also booked 2 balcony rooms on Oasis for and still be considerably cheaper, and for slightly cheaper we were able to book Sky Class Crown Loft suite! Which is 100 times better than a balcony on Fantasy. As much as I love Disney I couldn't justify it :(

For an oceanview balcony room on Harmony, if you want the room to sleep 5, it's one of the "larger" rooms at the aft of the ship. That one room is more money than two oceanview balcony rooms. At least it was for us based on the offers available for our 6/23 sailing we just got back from.

Yes. My son has stayed in AO on 2 different cruises at 12. We just explained that he wasn't ready for the teen group.

Do you remember if the kids club was crowded on those cruises? My friend was on a cruise last August and they wouldn’t let her 12 year old go down. Kids club was pretty crowded though.

I can't post the exact picture from our "Kids Daily Planner" Harmony sailing March 2018 but here is what it says...and there was also a flyer posted at the Aquanauts check in counter giving the details.

"Adventure Dining"

Children who wish to stay with us for Adventure Dining will be taken to the Windjammer Marketplace.

Deck 16 for pizza, chicken nuggets & french fries. There is no charge for Kid's Dinner and the children will return to Adventure Ocean for activities when finished.

It was available every night (except the first night). There was no limit and the staff took as many kids that were there at the club by the 5:30pm cutoff time. We actually peeked into this closed off area one night and the kids and staff and the servers that were assigned to this were having a great time...so much laughter. It worked out so well for our grandson actually wanted to do it every night.

So they changed it for “Adventure Time Dining” that required reservations by 5:00pm to “Adventure Dining” in which you can drop them off without reservation by 5:30pm. That’s nice to no longer have a limit on kid numbers.

Do you remember if the kids club was crowded on those cruises? My friend was on a cruise last August and they wouldn’t let her 12 year old go down. Kids club was pretty crowded though.

No issues of crowding in kids clubs during the middle of summer on Harmony 6/23-30.

"Adventure Dining"

We are going on HOS in a few weeks and also read about early seating waitstaff getting kids in and out in 45 in the MDR and then AO staff meet them at the entrance and bring them back to the club so you can finish dinner. Do you remember if that was an option also? I would much rather do this option if available.

I completely agree. No way to make a fair comparison Disney to RC.

I completely agree. What shocked me was how much it was for a family of 5 to go on the Harmony and stay in an oceanview balcony his past summer. It was only about $2000 more for us than last summer when we sailed the Fantasy. And after going on both ships we came to the conclusion that the $2000 is money well spent.

We are going on HOS in a few weeks and also read about early seating waitstaff getting kids in and out in 45 in the MDR and then AO staff meet them at the entrance and bring them back to the club so you can finish dinner. Do you remember if that was an option also? I would much rather do this option if available.

This is “My Family time Dining”. This is available on all ships, and will likely be available on your sailing as well.

Does any one know what the charge is for after 10pm?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our Harmony cruise (2017) there was a fee of $7.00 per hour per child applies from 10:15pm-2:00am.