Barcelona....”must do” sights (in addition to SF)?

Of course Sagrada Familia is a “must do”. What else do you consider a “must do”?

Thanks!

Don't know how much time you have in the city but here are some that I wanted to see during my first visit ...

Any of the Gaudi sights (La Pedrera, Casa Batllo, Park Guell)

Barcelona Cathedral

Gothic Quarter

Las Ramblas

Boqueria Market

Picasso Museum

Magic Fountain

I’m not sure if you’re there for a few days before a cruise or just for a day. A Hop on Hop off bus will make it so you can easily get to the places mentioned in the post above. We had three days in Barcelona pre cruise in April and our second day we did the bus. We did the East route in the morning and changed to the West route in the afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't know how much time you have in the city but here are some that I wanted to see during my first visit ...

Any of the Gaudi sights (La Pedrera, Casa Batllo, Park Guell)

Barcelona Cathedral

Gothic Quarter

Las Ramblas

Boqueria Market

Picasso Museum

Magic Fountain

Good list. I might add La Pedera.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are in Barcelona at night, take the Barcelona night tour bus with Barcelona Bus Turistic. It takes you to all of the Barcelona highlights but you get a different perspective at night. It was NOT a hop-on-hop-off tour.

We happened upon this tour because our flight was delayed and we didn't get in to Barcelona until late and the day tours had ended. But, I was glad we got to do the tour at night. The highlight of the night tour for me was Magic Fountain of Montjuic. I'm sure they stop at the Fountain during the daytime tours, but you will miss an amazing show if you don't go at night. Check show times if you plan to go on your own, as they time the night tour to see part of the show.

Here is a video of the Magic Fountain:

If you are in Barcelona at night, take the Barcelona night tour bus with Barcelona Bus Turistic. It takes you to all of the Barcelona highlights but you get a different perspective at night. It was NOT a hop-on-hop-off tour.

We happened upon this tour because our flight was delayed and we didn't get in to Barcelona until late and the day tours had ended. But, I was glad we got to do the tour at night. The highlight of the night tour for me was Magic Fountain of Montjuic. I'm sure they stop at the Fountain during the daytime tours, but you will miss an amazing show if you don't go at night. Check show times if you plan to go on your own, as they time the night tour to see part of the show.

Here is a video of the Magic Fountain:

Thanks so much. Unfortunately, we won’t be there until the end of Oct. I am sure your info will help others.

From their website:

In 2018, the Barcelona Night Tour service will operate from 1 June until 16 September. The bus departs from Plaça de Catalunya Nº 14 at 9.30 pm and the tour of Barcelona takes approximately two and a half hours.